Female split blue

Moderator: Mods

Skyes_crew

Female split blue

Post by Skyes_crew »

Saw this ad for a baby ringneck and had a couple of questions. The ad says baby is a split blue female. The parents were mother- albino out of a female lacewing and male turquoise. And father normal blue. My first question is, how does a female lacewing and a turquoise male produce an albino? Second question, what will this bird pictured below look like as an adult?

I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

sheyd

Re: Female split blue

Post by sheyd »

Skyes_crew wrote:Saw this ad for a baby ringneck and had a couple of questions. The ad says baby is a split blue female. The parents were mother- albino out of a female lacewing and male turquoise. And father normal blue. My first question is, how does a female lacewing and a turquoise male produce an albino? Second question, what will this bird pictured below look like as an adult?

It is perfectly possible to get an Albino from a ______? Pallid ('lacewing')hen and a Turquoise______? split for Ino cock- all Albino's from that pair would be hens.

The bird/s? you have pictured, can't be split to Blue because they? are Blue.. however both pictures seem to be of different birds... top one looks like a Blue Pallid (lacewing) and the bottom one looks like a reg Blue- any chance of some more pics just to be certain?

* if of two different birds, then the Blue cock (sire) is split for Pallid-which would make the top one a female.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Honestly the whole ad confused me lol. Both pictures were supposedly of the same bird. And the ad said split to blue female. I don't know if this is a breeder I want to deal with. I wasn't sure about the albino but thanks for clearing that up. I will ask for more pics and maybe a clearer description.

Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

This is the only other picture I received

sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Skyes_crew wrote:Honestly the whole ad confused me lol. Both pictures were supposedly of the same bird. And the ad said split to blue female. I don't know if this is a breeder I want to deal with. I wasn't sure about the albino but thanks for clearing that up. I will ask for more pics and maybe a clearer description.
The seller may not know genetics very well- shouldn't be a cause of concern if you can go and see the bird in question.

the last picture shows that the bird is a reg Blue :)
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

I'm not horribly concerned about the genetics...but I really wanted to know the birds background. I probably came off sounding bad lol. Didn't mean it that way. I only meant I don't know if I'm going to deal with this breeder or another one that I'm looking at a DF violet. Just haven't made a decision yet. When I first saw the pic I thought it was a lacewing and got excited. I guess I'll know more when I see the bird in person. Pictures can be deceiving :) thanks for your help

Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

The breeder finally contacted me back and now says the albino's parents were mother- green pallid and father- turquoise. I'm going to look at the bird today and also another bird I was told is a creamino. Thank you for your patience with me. I'm trying to learn mutations/genetics. My architect brain is hard wired toward math, not science lol.

sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Pallid= 'lacewing' 'lacewing' is the old outdated term :)

Goodluck looking at birds- how exciting!