Charlie talking to his "granddad"

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

ellieelectrons

Charlie talking to his "granddad"

Post by ellieelectrons »

So I was talking to my dad on the phone and at the end of the conversation, Charlie flies onto my shoulder (he loves chewing phones). My dad, who grew up with a farming background and is always telling me you shouldn't treat pets like they're your children, starts talking to Charlie. So I put dad on the speaker phone and he and Charlie have a nice little "chat". Charlie starts chirping away in amongst asking dad "whotya doin'" and wolf whistling at him.

Dad, you keep surprising me! I was going to tell Charlie to say goodbye to Granddad but I think that might have pushed dad a bit too far!

Ellie.
InTheAir

Re: Charlie talking to his "granddad"

Post by InTheAir »

Haha that's cute!

Maybe you could teach Charlie to say 'bye grandad' on a innocuous cue so it sounds spontaneous and see what the reaction is then lol

Davids mother has fully embraced the pet being family thing, when she drew up her will recently she was asked about how many grandchildren, she said she her eldest has 2 kids, the middle one also and the youngest has a parrot! I'm not sure how it would go down with the rest of the family if she has actually made the bird a beneficiary though!

Claire
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

lol :)
MissK

Post by MissK »

She could bequeath him a bag of nuts! Or a houseplant.

-MissK
-MissK
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

MissK wrote:She could bequeath him a bag of nuts! Or a houseplant.

-MissK
Or one of his favourite pieces of jewellery that he tries to destroy when she visits!