steam cleaners?

Moderator: Mods

ellieelectrons

steam cleaners?

Post by ellieelectrons »

Does anyone use a steam cleaner (without detergent) on their bird's cage? If so, which one do you use? How good do you find it? How often do you use it? Can you use it inside or does the floor end up really wet? I have a clothes steamer but I'm not happy with it because it seems to leak a bit and I feel that it's a bit dangerous with all that hot steam coming out of it. Do you find the same with the steam cleaner?

Ellie.
MissK

Re: steam cleaners?

Post by MissK »

I can't answer any of those questions but I would like to remind you that (if you do) you need to test it on the "inconspicuous area" in case it peels off the finish. Not the sort of thing you want to remember to do *after* a mishap!

-MissK
-MissK
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Thanks MissK. I don't have one, just started thinking about it when I read http://www.takaki1.freeserve.co.uk/indexkak.htm

Ellie.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

We steam clean Sanjays palace every other week, it shifts all the muck from crevices beautifully, takes the stickiness from bits of fruit which have adhered to corners and bars, it's a brilliant piece of kit.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Thanks sanjays mummi.

Can you do it inside? Does the floor get wet?

Ellie.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Inside and out, we stand the cage on a tarpaulin in case of drips. It sanitizes too.