purple monkey dishwasher

Moderator: Mods

allira

purple monkey dishwasher

Post by allira »

I'm sorry for lying to you all, unforunately, this is not a thread about a purple monkey dishwasher. It is, however, about the colour purple.

Pretty simply really, is it okay for our IRN's to eat purple vegetables --> sweet potato, dutch carrots, beetroot...?
I know they're all basically considered a super food for us humans so I assume it would be great for our birds as well...apart from the mess. I think Zeus might end up fading to a nice violet if he gets into his purples enough :lol:

Thanks for any ideas and advice!
JimHcctx

Re: purple monkey dishwasher

Post by JimHcctx »

I feed mine both sweet patatoes and beets. If you have never fed the beats before, dont be suprised if the stool is red as it will be after eating beets. Not sure about Dutch Carrots, but carrots are also a healthy choice to feed.
Jim H
Nodding the head is not rowing the boat!
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

I agree on the sweet potatoes and beets. My Skye loves them. I feed regular carrots...don't think I've ever seen a Dutch carrot. Ill have to look that up. I was wondering about eggplant the other day since my eggplants in my garden are almost ready. Very good questions about purple veggies. Maybe MissK knows.
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

MissK

Post by MissK »

I don't know, but I would be cautious about eggplant. It is in the Nightshade family.

-MissK
-MissK
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Good to know. Thanks :)
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D