Moderator: Mods

littlemiraclesaviary

Turquoise/pallid male with albino hen

Post by littlemiraclesaviary »

What would be the outcome of a turquoise split pallid male with an albino hen
sheyd

Re: Turquoise/pallid male with albino hen

Post by sheyd »

littlemiraclesaviary wrote:What would be the outcome of a turquoise split pallid male with an albino hen
I notice that you ask these sorts of questions a lot :lol: it is really easy to use the genetic calculator...

so let's see.. you have a Turquoiseblue (assuming sf) split to Pallid cock and an Albino hen.

for the cock, tick in the 'visual' box Turquoise and in the 'splits to' boxes Blue and Pallid*.
for the hen, tick in the 'visual' boxes Ino and Blue.
*x1 or x2 doesn't matter

http://www.gencalc.com/gen/eng_genc.php?sp=0PsitIR

so, you should get these results:

1.0 turquoise(parblue)Blue /pallid
x 0.1 blue ino
% from all 1.0
25.0% 1.0 blue pallidIno
25.0% 1.0 turquoise(parblue)Blue pallidIno
25.0% 1.0 blue /ino
25.0% 1.0 turquoise(parblue)Blue /ino
% from all 0.1
25.0% 0.1 blue
25.0% 0.1 turquoise(parblue)Blue
25.0% 0.1 blue pallid
25.0% 0.1 turquoise(parblue)Blue pallid
littlemiraclesaviary

I really want to learn how to use the genetic calculator so I don't have to ask these questions all the time but when I try it on my own I always end up with some form of green bird. I will try to do what you suggested and see if it works.
littlemiraclesaviary

It worked I am going to try doing different ones Like what blue pallidino and violet or albino hen I am sure I will end up with something wacky but at least it's practice
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

littlemiraclesaviary wrote:It worked I am going to try doing different ones Like what blue pallidino and violet or albino hen I am sure I will end up with something wacky but at least it's practice
the only thing that you need to remember is that for any blue series bird (Albino, Grey, Violetblue, ect) you need to tick the 'visual' box for blue- otherwise you'll end up with the green series version by default :)

The only exception to this rule is Turquoise which is an allele of Blue- Green series can be split to Turquoise-the same is not true for Blue- however for a sf turq (Turquoiseblue), for the calc, you need to put in visual turq and splits to blue otherwise you'll end up with all offspring being 100% turq in the outcome.
littlemiraclesaviary

I am having a hard time with the pallidino ones I am getting crazy outcomes that make no sense at all like I have a few options I have a pallid violet and pallid turquoise hen and I have a Violet turquoise split cinnamon male and a violet split cinnamon male as well as potentially a blue pallidino and I am just wondering what the best pairings would be amongst all of those birds. I also have a blue pallid hen that will go with one of those males.

Also I have a pallidino male he is yellow but must be split blue because his parents are a violet dark green split ino male and a pallid blue hen but in one of my other posts you gave me two outcomes for the pairing of him with a violet hen and you mentioned if he is a green series or blue series. I was assuming he was a blue series because he was split to blue but he is visually yellow so odes that make him a green series?

Thank goodness I am almost done buying birds because I am so confused trying to wrap my head around all of this and trying to use the genetic calculator.
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

This is how i would pair them up:

pallid violet hen X blue pallidino (clean outcome)
pallid turquoise hen X pallidino/blue (he is a green series bird split to blue Yes)
blue pallid hen X Violet turquoise /cinnamon male (all males will be split Pallid, no visual pallids from this pair)

violet split cinnamon male - even a blue hen will do

There's no much diff. between them, at the end of the day it all depends on what you want to breed.

Cheers
83IV
littlemiraclesaviary

Ok I don't think I want to keep my pallidino male if he is a green series bird as I don't think that will get me an outcome I want.

Thanks for the advice. Would be able to help me out with the gene calc? How do I input pallidino mutations like blue or violet etc...
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Sure.

PallidIno split Blue

Blue PallidIno

Violetblue PallidIno

TurquoiseBlue

For general info: Calc website: http://www.gencalc.com/gen/eng_genc.php?sp=0PsitIR
Hope it helps

8 3 IV
littlemiraclesaviary

Thank you that is beyond helpful! I might actually be able to figure things out on my own now with that! Thanks for the help.
littlemiraclesaviary

can you tell me if a creamino baby would show yellow right away or does it come in with time?
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

littlemiraclesaviary wrote:can you tell me if a creamino baby would show yellow right away or does it come in with time?
Creamino will show a creamy color particularly on the wings at fledging, however if you have an IndigoBlue Ino, i am not certain it will show at fledging, i suspect it'll be almostly white and cream will start showing and increasing with each moult.
Planning to breed one such bird but not sure i can do it this season.

83IV
littlemiraclesaviary

i am having trouble how to figure out how to write in a violet dark green on the calc
trabots

Post by trabots »

tick SF for Violet and SF for Deep