question about loose wet poops

Moderator: Mods

krystal

question about loose wet poops

Post by krystal »

Hi, I've had my IRN for about a week now and her droppings seem to be very wet. Almost like water, with a little bit of green. Then other times it's all put together with the white and the green and looks normal. I've only had budgies before, and their poops were never loose like this so I'm not sure if this is a large(er) bird thing because I'm feeding more fruits and veggies, i don't know. Is there something i can feed my IRN to make her poops more solid? If there anything specific that's making her poops watery?
krystal

Re: question about loose wet poops

Post by krystal »

Just looked again and now they are wet and brown. She hasn't eaten anything yet today.
subodhhire

Post by subodhhire »

Hi Krystal,

Is the poop watery the whole week or just a couple of days? If it is watery the whole week then i suggest a pet examination. If it is only for a day or two wait and observe.

Subodh
subodhhire

Post by subodhhire »

Sorry I meant VET examination.
krystal

Post by krystal »

I've been away for a few days and my Mom has been taking care of her. She says that they have been solid pretty much the whole time. Could the period of time between meals cause that?
MissK

Post by MissK »

The food, itself, can influence the poop. For instance, I know when Rocky ate his pellets because the poop comes out pellet coloured. Same for berries, etc. If the food she's eating has a very high water content, it could influence the poop to be more liquid. Easy up on the fruit a bit and see if there is a change.

You should be checking the vent - if it is messy, especially if it continues to be messy over time, you should *strongly* consider a trip to the vet. And ask mom exactly how the bird spent her days and what she ate while you were away. Noting changes may lead you to your answer.

-MissK
-MissK