Urgent help needed

Moderator: Mods

Junkyardd0g72

Urgent help needed

Post by Junkyardd0g72 »

Hi
I'm new to this forum so feel cheeky asking for help so soon!
My problem is I have a male ring neck which we hoped to breed with are female.
At first things seemed to be going well but things soon took a turn for the worst.
The female(jaz) started chasing the male(sky) away from the food bowl when he tried to feed,
At the time we didn't see this as being a problem as he was getting some food.
After a few days of this jaz started to feed sky! That seemed cute at time so had no concerns, until he started loosing fethers,searching the web we were led to believe he was hen pecked and would be fine
After all they were still showing signs of courtship.
But now thing have gotten so bad we have separated him to his own cage but he spends all time wedged in corner of gage hardly able to move and not eatin much!
Is the any diet I can give him to get his strength up?
I have tried finding a aviary vet but closes is many miles away so not sure he would make it in this condition at moment!
If anybody has advice please reply my search will continue for vet closer to home thankyou
Melika

Re: Urgent help needed

Post by Melika »

What are you feeding and how is the male doing at this moment? Is he reacting to the female's noises? How much is he eating? How old are the birds?

I believe some of your questions about him being hen-pecked and how to get them to get along would be better asked on the breeding board- they would be able to help more.

Multiple food bowls (places far apart) are always a good idea when housing more than one bird.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay