mockumentary

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

InTheAir

mockumentary

Post by InTheAir »

Hey everyone,

I've just had great idea! I'd like to make a short mockumentary about the new up and coming fictitious sport; agility for parrots/ringnecks. The sport is basically the same as dog agility, but with parrots.

Anyone interested in adding videos of their birds doing things that would fit into this theme? Maybe even a mock interview with... Perhaps even talk about the fitness regime that their parrot is going thru in preparation for the annual championship Crops parrot show or something like.... How much their times have improved, how their parrot now only takes 10 minutes to complete the metre long course....
I am game to try to convince Nele to "jump" some little show jumps... I'm not sure he'll be that keen on the idea though lol

Personally I'm not great at camera work or editing, but i have a couple friends who are that i will try to convince to help out with that.

So, anyone interested in my brilliant (read: crazy) idea for a laugh?

Claire
MissK

Re: mockumentary

Post by MissK »

Sounds like fun. Rocky has the rudimentary beginning of "toe circles" - going head first around the perch by his toes after a treat. It isn't a dog agility trick, but some allowance must be made for parrots...... I have no camera skills (zip, zero, zilch, nada) so that might present a problem, but maybe by the time Rocky perfects the toe circle, I might learn to use a camera........

-MissK
-MissK
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Hey missk,

That's a great idea, I was also thinking a ladder climb would be a good parrot trick as most parrots have ladders and climb them naturally. It would be great to have you and Rocky contributing.

I've been wondering if there is some way of using different lighting on Nele to make him look like a different bird with a different owner....

It will definitely be a long term project, so there will be plenty of time for us all to acquire the skills.

Claire
MissK

Post by MissK »

Fake mustache and glasses.
-MissK
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Definitely! And a cardboard legband.