Moderator: Mods

TomAndGene

Mario Chilling on his Back (Taming)

Post by TomAndGene »

subodhhire

Re: Mario Chilling on his Back (Taming)

Post by subodhhire »

Hi there,

Did you train with treat or just made him lie down. He looks real mischievous though. Must have been difficult.

Subodh
TomAndGene

Post by TomAndGene »

Usually he just lets me do it but this time he was fighting me a bit! I started doing it to him before he even had feathers, He's just used to it now. :) Thanks Sub
TomAndGene

Post by TomAndGene »

also can anyone tell me if that is his ring coming through? its only been 6-8 months?
subodhhire

Post by subodhhire »

Hi Tom and Gene,

Cant say for sure about the ring. My Alexandrine has similar ring and he is only 4 months old.

Subodh
TomAndGene

Post by TomAndGene »

Ohh okay, Im not 100% if rio is a male but the breeder insisted he was. And im jealous you have an alexandrine! Do you have any pics!?
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Tom

You've done well with him. Glad to see you guys are still doing well. Are Rio & Gene getting along any better yet?

Ellie.
TomAndGene

Post by TomAndGene »

Thanks ellie, no they arent :( It's really sad to me because i try so hard to get them to like each other but they just chase each other, puff up and attack till one of them flies away, I always have to break them up so they dont hurt each other. Ive tried so much to get them to like each other but i cant haha, It's really frustrating.
subodhhire

Post by subodhhire »

Hi Tom,

Even i was told by the pet shop staff that Chanakya (my alex) is a male. But i am not sure of it. I have named him a boys name though :lol: .

You can see his pics in this post. http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... 18&t=16683

Subodh
nalukaikamahine

Post by nalukaikamahine »

What about some kind of immersion therapy for them? Put their cages right next to each other for a few minutes, then separate. Repeat the process until they can accept their cages being next to each other....

Don't know if that'll work, but that's how we acclimate new chickens to our flock so they don't kill each other. We allow the flock to have full view of the new chickens, without having access to them of course. After a few weeks we allow more gradual access until they are one big flock and not one chicken thinks it's ever been different :)
Completely, Utterly & Unconditionally In Love With My Baby Ringneck, Apollo!

TomAndGene

Post by TomAndGene »

They're side by side all day, They're fine when caged or near each other, But once one gets too close the invader gets attacked, Both of them start fights too which makes it difficult to isolate the problem. Maybe it's the fact that i had gene for almost a year before i got rio so now gene's too close to me to allow rio in. Thanks for your reply