My Awesome cage

Moderator: Mods

Crayon Parrots

My Awesome cage

Post by Crayon Parrots »

Tada! Conures on top, Indian Ringneck on bottom. Spoiled little things!
Needs more perches but they love it!
nalukaikamahine

Re: My Awesome cage

Post by nalukaikamahine »

That's awesome! Look at all those activities!
Completely, Utterly & Unconditionally In Love With My Baby Ringneck, Apollo!

Crayon Parrots

Post by Crayon Parrots »

They all ignore everything in there....sigh. The conures do all cram into the cube to sleep at night but thats about the only thing they really use. Sometimes they will climb the toys but they are hardly ever played with....brats lol. The only thing they really play with is a plain ol bell on a chain. They're more interested in out of the cage time and food.
MissK

Post by MissK »

It's always nice to see spoiled birdies.

-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
subodhhire

Post by subodhhire »

Hi Crayon,

Thats really awesome cage.

Subodh
Crayon Parrots

Post by Crayon Parrots »

They have lots of foot toys in there. Some cat balls, lolipop sticks and some little bagels. Ive been trying to find perches but havent had any luck finding any that fit that cage right, I guess I will have to order some. I used to have and breed pet rats(before an allergy to them got really bad) and when I got my first baby bird(one of the conures) I put a rat hammock in her cage. She slept in it every night. Then I got 3 more baby conures about a year later and they all crammed into the hammock so I emailed a friend and got her to make me a cube since she made them all the time for her rats and I hung it up in there and now all of the conures sleep in there. I like it because its all fleece and they dont rip it apart or chew on it and it doesnt have strings hanging off of it ever. Some people say not to use them because they treat it like a nest box and the birds get hormonal but I have not had that problem at all. Every one of my conures huddle up and sleep in it and it keeps any draft out and keeps them warm.
MissK

Post by MissK »

:D

-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
Melika

Post by Melika »

Very nice set-up! I also like the zig-zag rope perches because they are immensely changeable to fit the space in any way you want. For wooden perches I prefer ones like MissK recommended that attach on one end to the bars. This way your space isn't at limited as perches that just go straight across taking up the whole cage. You're going to want perches you can move around to make room for your bird's tail when it grows in!

Rat cages re-purposed. I like it! Also the cages are awesome because they have all horizontal bars for climbing. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Crayon Parrots

Post by Crayon Parrots »

I really love these cages. The birds have wing room and can fly in there unlike the kind that are more vertical. They just have so much more room in there. I may buy another one, or one like it soon. I'm going to get one of those bendable perches next week.