need help in breeding

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

harisbilal1

need help in breeding

Post by harisbilal1 »

Hi.i have a pair of indian ringnecks.now is the breeding season.i have put a breeding box in the avirie or flight with nesting material.the female goes in and starts digging and throwing the material.the male also helps him.should i refill it everytime???
I havent seen them mate.this beahavour has been 2 weeks.does these signs means they are going to have babies or not???
Harris
Trinnity

Re: need help in breeding

Post by Trinnity »

I'm new at this too. I've read they like to throw the nesting material out. Replace it. I think you've missed the breeding season which is nov/dec. I could be wrong, so don't take my word for it.

But I think you should keep trying to let them breed up unless someone with more knowledge than I tells you it's the wrong time.

How old are they?
What country are you in?
Trinnity

Post by Trinnity »

I have a question for the resident experts. Of my 2 lutinos, one has longer tail feathers. Is this any clue to their gender?
harisbilal1

Post by harisbilal1 »

i live in pakistan...
They are almost 2 years old....
my grandpa,whos a vet,told me that the breeding season here is from feb to april...
Harris
Trinnity

Post by Trinnity »

Oh, okay. Cool. Are IRN's popular in Pakistan? Your English is very good, btw.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

use a box 24 inches deep and this generally stops them from removing the nesting material and you should replace it make sure that there is enough material so the eggs don't roll around and the babies can stand and not slip on the boxes bottom and they won't develop spay leg