Inside Cage pics? How many to a cage?

Moderator: Mods

Crayon Parrots

Inside Cage pics? How many to a cage?

Post by Crayon Parrots »

Anyone have any pictures of their inside pet bird set ups? I currently have 1 5 week old baby I am hand raising and I'd like to see other peoples set ups for their pets ringnecks. I have a huge cage I currently use for my green cheek but Im thinking of getting her a cage just for her and just letting the ringneck have the big cage. I was also wondering if anyone keeps more than one ringneck in the same cage(same gender) with any luck. I keep reading they are aggressive toward one another but see different on youtube where the birds are with other species and I see random pics with more than one ringneck together on top of a cage. I really want to get more of them and have a chance to get another small baby to hand raise. Im thinking if I raise them together, and spend a lot of time with them together maybe they will get along pretty well. Or so I hope!
ellieelectrons

Re: Inside Cage pics? How many to a cage?

Post by ellieelectrons »

The rule of thumb with ringies is that two males will get along, a male and a female _may_ get along but two females will not get along. Of course there are exceptions to every rule! Some breeders will keep their IRNs all together in an aviary until breeding season and then separate them so that each pair has their own separate space. If this is not done, it is not uncommon to hear of females attacking other birds.

You can see our cage area here:
http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... 56&p=70865

I have two birds: a male and female that (thankfully) get along pretty well. If our first bird had been a male, I think I would have bought a second male to keep him company.

Ellie.
Crayon Parrots

Post by Crayon Parrots »

I guess all I can do is try. My little wee one already lunges at my conures....but were working on it.So Im not sure if it will be a bird friend type of bird. Nice cage, and I love those shower perches! I converted a Critter Nation into a bird cage. It rocks. Im really going to work with the birds to see if we can be one of those birdie families that get along lol.
MissK

Post by MissK »

I'd love to put up a snap of Rocky's cage, but I am not willing to learn how to do it. Maybe I'm lazy, but I'm going to call it Selective About Allocating My Time Resources. I can email one to you if your email me your address.

-MissK
-MissK