Ino Violet Green

Moderator: Mods

prodigy

Ino Violet Green

Post by prodigy »

Hi All,

If anyone has an Ino Violet Green bird please be so kind as to post as many pictures of this bird as possible.

Thanks,

Peter
Recio

Re: Ino Violet Green

Post by Recio »

Hi Peter,

The only one I have seen is the pic posted by Deon. This bird was from a friend ... he called it Violino (?). It would be great to see if his special features (Ex bluish-violet distal part of main tail feathers) are kept in every other "Violino".

I do not remember if it was a Sl-ino or a NSL-ino ... Deon, could you highligth us?

Regards

Recio
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Hi Peter / Recio,

the particular "violino" was bred with NSL ino and looks remarkably like a violet dilute, albeit a very heavily diluted bird. So, to answer Peter's question, if using NSL ino, one might expect the NSL ino violet to look similar to a green violet dilute. The latter might be easier to track down, but may not necessarily be a 100% look-alike. Best guess will be a mostly yellow bird with a very faint green violet sheen.

Peter, if you have a specimen you suspect qualifies as ino violet, please upload a pic.
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

- -
Last edited by Ring0Neck on Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Hi Recio,

You wouldn't happen to still have the picture, i know Deon is out of action, as he had an operation last week?

Regards,

Peter
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Peter:

I will copy and paste Deon's mail :

Hi guys

I drove to a friend and birdkeeper, Hans Meyer to get pictures of his Dark Factored IRN with the black beaks, as I have reported before but never got there to get a decent photo.

There I saw an extraordinary bird, a Violetblue NSL Ino. It has a very soft bluish hue over the rump and mantle feathers, and the white parts are not pure white, but has a slight off-white tinge, compare it to the white of the catching net.

In keeping with tradition, shall we call it a Violino?? Ha-ha

Deon

... and the pics :

Regards

Recio
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Hi Recio,

Thanks very interesting bird!

I believe the bird is also Bronze Fellow, and looks VERY similar to the NLS Albino X Bronze Fellow/Blue, another breeder I know bred.

Regards,

Peter