My irn is underwhiget

Moderator: Mods

avigroz3

My irn is underwhiget

Post by avigroz3 »

Hi to all.
I got new irn i think hes 8 month old.
I took him to the vet and the vet said shes underwhiget and that we have to change her diet from seeds to pellets asap.
The problem is that the I dont know how i should get her used to pellets. That would be the first time she eats pellets and shes really underwhigted so its really urgant.
Does anyone have suggets advices that can help my irn get used to pellets?

Srry for all the grammar mistakes :/
ellieelectrons

Re: My irn is underwhiget

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi avigro

Does your bird normally eat the seed? If so, you could try mixing the pellets with the seed to start with?

Do you also feed your bird veges and fruit? I feed mine pellets and veges and fruits and I also give them treats when training them.

Ellie.
avigroz3

Post by avigroz3 »

Yea the parrot eats the seeds on daily basis i also give him lots of fruits and veges
But the problem is that he dosent like to try new foods at all so i dont know how to make him used to pellets cuse he have to for gaining whiget and live healtiher lives.
So any suggestions?
MissK

Post by MissK »

Hi avigroz3,
It's better to know these things than to be in the dark.
Last edited by MissK on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
avigroz3

Post by avigroz3 »

Thank you very much MissK u helped me alot of course i already know all the toxics foods that can hurt my irn hes just picky with food i guess.

Of course im not going to let him starve just for trying new foods i hope he will get better and become healthier. U really helped me i think i will try the mixing seeds and the rice method it sounds logical.
Anyway as soon as he gains enough whiget im going to add some pellets to his bowl until he eats it and get used to it. Than i will still give him
1. seeds twice a week.
2. Pellets and veges daily basis.
3. Fruits every 2 days im giving him fruits salad that he was eating since he was 3 monthes old Apples Pears and little touch of kiwi cutting all to liitle squers and all the juice im putting it in saparate bowl and he drinks all of it. Idk why this month he just dosent seem to eat this mix i make to him:/
I think thats enough for my irn diet after he will get better hopefully
MissK

Post by MissK »

Best wishes!
-MissK
-MissK