Welcome, Berry!

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

puppypundit

Welcome, Berry!

Post by puppypundit »

Berry will be one year old next month. She was adopted from a family with many pets and unfortunately, due to a job shift change and a less than friendly dog in the house, they had to re-home her.

She was well taken care of and is very social. She is very unlike the IRN in many posts here as she does NOT spook easily. She happily looked out the window on the car trip home and cooed sweetly to the radio music.

When the new toys were introduced, she played with them right away and enjoyed meeting all her new family. She has tried many new foods and only rejected the exotic ginger and hot chili pepper. So far, I've offered her bell pepper, sugar snap peas in the pod, blueberries, scrambled egg, mashed turnip, and apple along with her seeds, nuts and pellets.

She makes her loud alarm call when the friendly black Lab dog rears up on its hind legs to get a better look but is mostly very quiet.

Last night, I kept her with me in a darkened room with only a televised university lecture as background noise while she settled in to roost. She fell fast asleep perched on my wrist and I eventually transferred her to her cage without too much fuss.

I did feel terrible when I accidentally gave her a static electric shock though. Oops, it is winter where I am and the air is a bit too dry. I will add some humidity by leaving out many bowls of water to evaporate.

I can't post a picture just yet but will as soon as I reach my post quota! Can't wait to post updates about her training and any questions for all of you experts!
Kiki22

Re: Welcome, Berry!

Post by Kiki22 »

Sounds like a good start, how is Berry going now?
puppypundit

Post by puppypundit »

I think this is my 10th post so I should be able to finally post a piccie of the Berry-Monster! She is doing great, we've come a long way in four months.

Stand by for an image in my next post.
puppypundit

Post by puppypundit »

Here she is!

With a friend:

I'm a lousy photographer but at least we have evidence that she exists!
MissK

Post by MissK »

The look on the dog's face is priceless.
-MissK
-MissK
puppypundit

Post by puppypundit »

Yeah, the parrot-dog interactions around here are fodder for a lot of laughter.

The first day, the dog actually "pointed" at the cage and kept looking at us quizzically as if to say, "Hey, there is a bird there. I can retrieve that for you, I am a retriever!"

She is a silly one!
puppypundit

Post by puppypundit »

…and now, she is walking around with a raisin impaled on one of her back toes. Silly, girl!
amaraatlanta

Post by amaraatlanta »

wow what fantastic pics :D

SUE

Owned by Sirius-Malfoy (IRN) Splodge and Omar (budgies) 5boys and a hubby lol