new to breeding...who goes with who?

Moderator: Mods

ush2611

new to breeding...who goes with who?

Post by ush2611 »

:) hi, ive just joined, so i apologise if this question has come up time and time again..i have just bought the following birds..a proven pair of blues, a violet cleartailed cock, a blue cock a lutino hen and a green hen...can someone please help me determin, who i should pair with who, as i find the genetics confusing...i would love more violet babies, and have been told not to put my violet cock and lutino hen together?..once i know good pairings i will split the aviary for breeding so that the individual pairs are alone...many thanks in advance
rod038

Re: new to breeding...who goes with who?

Post by rod038 »

You dont want to be breeding your Violet to the Lutino at this stage as the Ino babies they produce can mask Violet meaning the babies could be Lutino and also be Violet but you wouldnt be able to tell by looking at them.

My first choice would be put the Violet Cleratail with the proven Blue hen, That way you will breed Violet Blues and Blues all split to Cleartail or better still buy a split to Blue or Violet Cleartail, then you could breeding Violet Blue and Blue Cleartails.

The rest it doesnt really matter as unless split to Blue those hens even with the Blue cocks will only breed you normal Greens.
ush2611

Re: new to breeding...who goes with who?

Post by ush2611 »

thankyou so much for your advice, i will do that..i have so much to learn about genetics
thanks again