Hi from Darling Downs, QLD, AU

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

jess8789

Hi from Darling Downs, QLD, AU

Post by jess8789 »

Hi!
My name's Jess and I'm 23 and new to IRN's. I have a fiancé and two kids. As of last weekend I have got a blue female (Cleo) and a green male (Caesar) IRN. Hoping that they will breed this season. I am also hoping to hand raise the babies. Any advice would be much appreciated. Is there any other IRN lovers out in regional QLD?
Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings a tune without the words, and never stops at all.
ellieelectrons

Re: Hi from Darling Downs, QLD, AU

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Jess

Welcome. I'm from the Sunshine Coast. My hubby's mum lives in Toowoomba.

I hope Cleo & Caesar settle in well. Please let us know if you have any specific questions.

Ellie.
jess8789

Post by jess8789 »

Hi Ellie,
Thanks for your post. I was just in Toowoomba last weekend at the Darling Downs Bird Breeders Annual Sale (where I obtained my ringnecks). I was so suprised at all the different bird species they had for sale. Hopefully this wet weather goes away soon, although Cleo & Caesar seem to be enjoying it in their huge aviary. Do you know if there are any type of birds that you can house with a pair of ringnecks. I was thinking of putting some quails in with them but someone told me that the IRN's will kill them.
Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings a tune without the words, and never stops at all.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Jess

I only have two IRNs but I've been on this forum for a while. Most, but not all, aviary owners say that IRNs can only be housed with other IRNs... and during breeding season, breeding pairs must be kept in their own cages.

Ellie.
jess8789

Post by jess8789 »

Hi Ellie,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I think I might just have Cleo & Caesar in there as other people have said the same thing. Hopefully later on I'll obtain another aviary and might have some other birds in there. :)

Jess