Never expected this :(

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

Tish1332

Never expected this :(

Post by Tish1332 »

About a year ago I registered to IRN forums because I had a new baby named azul, which her mommy threw out of the nest. She was only about 2 weeks. I remember wanting to know everything I could bout this lil booger! I was nervous about hand feeding and raising her. Well, I can say that this last year has been the best ever. Raising azul was the best. She was soo adorable and sweet. She was mostly in doors and outdoors during the day. She has mastered mimicking everything we said, from thank you, hello, I love you too singing. She just wasn't any ordinary bird, every single night, she got off the kitchen counter(where she ate) and walked on over to either my dad or me and climbed up and fell asleep on our chest. I mean head leaning as well! She would kiss us and fall asleep:(
Today, I found azul dead n her cage. I wish I had a reason why? Yes she went through her Bluffing stage but was already getting over it. She ate well and drank water and bathed. All I can think of was the cat fleas since my cat slept in my room as well. I don't know why this happened and there is absolutely no one I can grieve or even know how this feels. Like I used to think, "they are just animals, get over it. It's not death of s person" man was I wrong! I have been crying all day just wondering if it was my fault or if she was sick and I neglected that:(
My aunts and mom are wanting to buy me another but I just can't accept any :(
kimijean

Re: Never expected this :(

Post by kimijean »

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Try not to beat yourself up over "how" or "why" she died. It's not your fault. Eventually you may be ready for another.

Kim
Tish1332

Post by Tish1332 »

Kim
Thank you. Yea I am beating myself up with this. I've literally been crying all day. At this time she was on my chest falling asleep while she grinded her beak :')
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Tish

I'm sorry to hear about Azul. That's very sad. Birds try to hide when they are sick so there is probably no way you could have known.

It is always very sad to lose a loved one whether they are human or not. Take care.

Ellie.