Western Australia breeders of IRN's

Moderator: Mods

shook101

Western Australia breeders of IRN's

Post by shook101 »

Well we have just started out so far we have one hand raised green baby irn we are trying to sell for $120 as it is hand raised and quite tame towards females at the moment. We have a breeding pair of a green male and lutiono female as well as a blue male and grey female pair we are hoping will breed in the season. So if anyone out there would like a hand reared and tame baby then keep in contact with us please. Also keen to hear from anyone else breeding IRN's in Western Australia.
Many thanks
Steven and Tracy.
Sweetleaf

Re: Western Australia breeders of IRN's

Post by Sweetleaf »

Hi guys.

I too live in western Australia and I'm just starting out with breeding IRN's. I am hoping to breed them this year. I also have a green hand reared IRN BJ. He is my baby. Hope all goes well for you this breeding season :)

Regards Cassie
willowisp71

Re: Western Australia breeders of IRN's

Post by willowisp71 »

Hi there!

I too live in Western Australia, (Bunbury), and would be very interested in following your progress with your breeding. My husband and I have just recently brought home our first IRN, a male (of unknown age as he was rescued), but he must be at least 2 years or more I guess as he has his rings. He is not very tame, but we are hoping to change that over time.

We would definitely be in the market (down the track away's yet) to purchase a female companion for him, especially a chick from your blue and grey pairing. Did you have any luck with this year's breeding?

This is something I would love to do myself down the track, but when we are set up properly for it. In the meantime, we have a bit of work cut out for us gaining the confidence of our male, (only had him for a week so still early days)....but given he's older, and either NOT hand-reared or allowed to go wild again (not sure that's the right term?), we are expecting it to take a while. Learning heaps of tips and tricks from these forums...they're a fantastic source of information!

Best of luck and hope to hear of your progress soon.
Regards Deb