ALEXANDRINE POTTY(POO) Training

Moderator: Mods

dj.miit

ALEXANDRINE POTTY(POO) Training

Post by dj.miit »

My alexandrine is 8 week old... is this a right time to start his potty training?...

If He is Still yung To potty Train, Then When Do i Start His Potty Training?..
And When Do i Clip His Feather?...
When Do i Start To Teach Him Step up n All Things?.. How Old Alexandrine Can Be Teachable?..

Regards: Miit

Thank u In Advance
AJPeter

Re: ALEXANDRINE POTTY(POO) Training

Post by AJPeter »

[quote="dj.miit"]My alexandrine is 8 week old... is this a right time to start his potty training?...

If He is Still yung To potty Train, Then When Do i Start His Potty Training?..

Potty Training this is new, come on how old must they be to start potty trianing? Is it too late to start with Billie? She poops anywhere l keep on telling her "Not on the carpet!"
AJPeter
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Hello,

All my birds are potty trained. In fact, I trained Osiris, my Alexandrine, to poop when I set him down on the floor or before I remove him from his cage. It's wonderful. I don't have have to worry about poop on my shoulders. But at the same time, I have be the one to place him down every 15-20 minutes. It's never good to make them hold it for too long. When he has to go poop, he will start moving around fanatically, this then is my cue to place him down or take him to his cage.

So how do you potty train? The most important thing is to set him down every 15 minutes and reward him with praise once he poops. All my birds picked this up quickly. They are such smart creatures! :)

Best Wishes :wink: ,

IMRAN-C
zentoucan

Post by zentoucan »

one of my friends has trained his male eclectus parrot to fly to a garbage can and poop in that. it took him around 6 months.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Since Christmas l have been watching Billie where she poops and l was quite amazed to discover that she flies back to the cage to poop, in fact now l think about it she has never pooped on my shoulder l have not trained her other than to say "Not on the carpet." in that tone of voice or to say when she flies back to her cage to poop. "Well done Billie."
I think she prefers to poop on the out side of her cage and that is why l put newspapers on the floor. In the mornings she lets rip with a big dollop and on close inspection it has all the right colours and liquity. I dont check her droppings duirng the day so have not noticed where she poops. She likes to hang out on the back of my arm chair and after a quick perusal found no droppings there.
When l worked in the pet shop during the 70's our Macaw would ride around on my shoulder and when he wanted to poop he did a jig and leant forward so his tail was sticking out and he never pooped on me.
AJPeter
zentoucan

Post by zentoucan »

AJPeter your bird Billie is just amazing. I mean in just four days Billie gone from pooping anywhere to flying back to her cage and to poop. Could it be that Billie understands the English language or that you're a "bird whisperer"
Buddy4us

Post by Buddy4us »

Very cool was hoping one could potty train them.
Born: 6 October 2014 South Africa
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Maybe, But Billie likes best to go to the top of the cage and poop from there she is always trying to please me and likes priase, but mostly she poops when amd where she wants, just take sensible precautions such as carpet protectors.