alexandrine is not drinking water

Moderator: Mods

dj.miit

alexandrine is not drinking water

Post by dj.miit »

8 weeks old alexandrine is not drinking water....any 1 plz tel me why he is not drinking water?..
Molossus2

Re: alexandrine is not drinking water

Post by Molossus2 »

Probably because he's been hand reared and does not know how. Or,,, he has not been socialized with other birds,,, or the present water containers are different. If you have older birds then these can show him how. Until then feed him with a spoon. He will learn on his own eventually. You can also place his favorite treat into his water and he will get the idea...
dj.miit

Post by dj.miit »

First Of All Thank u So Much For Ur Feedback...

Few Days Before He Was Drinking Water by Spoon But the Day He Had Grapes After That He Doesnt Drink Water By Spoon... If i Mix His Favrite Food In Water, he Had Thick Food n Splits Water... Plz Help Me Im Worried Is It Natural?..
julie

Post by julie »

try playing in a bowl of water with your fingers and him near by,he will hopefully become interested in what you are doing and most likely try to bathe in the water and end up having a drink. You may be able to get him to drink fruit juice if you get too worried about him.
mikemck1

Post by mikemck1 »

Wouldn't even worry, parrots don't really drink water anyway and they do get most there liqud intake from fruit as in the wild its the most accessible and quickest option.