Baby IRN question..

Moderator: Mods

Cutehippiechic

Baby IRN question..

Post by Cutehippiechic »

Kinda a weird question... Can a baby IRN who is almost 14 weeks be mimicking already??? When Jelly Belly Bean is hungry she does a noise that sounds like a baby sun not a baby IRN.. The breeder I got her/him from was feeding a baby sun at the same time and I swear my baby IRN makes the baby sun noise... Hope this makes sense...
BirdCompanion

Re: Baby IRN question..

Post by BirdCompanion »

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum, however, I have many years experience with birds. So, I believe I can give you an answer to this question.

Yes, I trust that your bird is mimicking the sun conure. Baby birds learn their vocalizations while in the nest. The earliest sounds they make are just baby crying sounds. Then, they learn to make deliberate sounds. At that age, they will practice the sounds that they hear around them. I've had cockatiels begin to talk at 3 weeks of age and a conure at 8 weeks.

All my birds talk, so I believe what you're saying about your IRN sounding like a conure!!

Lucky you! Sounds like you have a very smart bird who's got lots of potential to be an excellent talker!!