queensland (australia) state bird fair

Moderator: Mods

ellieelectrons

queensland (australia) state bird fair

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi All

FYI - the Qld State Bird Fair run by the Parrot Society is on next Saturday. Below is a link to a flyer about it.
http://www.parrotsociety.org.au/images/ ... t_2012.pdf

I've been twice before. What I liked about it is that there are lots of birds there - they also have a display of lots of rare native Australian birds which is quite cool. The first time I went I was really impressed with the sales table - lots of really great bird toys, bird food, etc. at really cheap prices. Last year I wasn't as impressed.

If you're wanting to buy an IRN, they have breeders there selling birds although I've never purchased from them myself and every breeder has to have their birds undergo health checks in order to have a stall there.

I probably won't make it along next week as it's my hubby's birthday but it should be a great day!

Maybe next year we could organise a meetup for South-East Qld IRN forum people. What do you think?

Last year I got there for the opening of the fair and there were some people who were queuing with their companion parrot on their shoulder! My birds would be completely freaked out if I tried that! It's quite a spectacle of a day.

Ellie.
Jacobees

Re: queensland (australia) state bird fair

Post by Jacobees »

I want to attend this bird fair and i am a big fond of birds fairs and birds are my favorite type of animals.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

It was held in March 2012. Not sure of the dates for 2013.

Ellie.
fionalouise1989

Post by fionalouise1989 »

Hey Ellie,
I just read this post pity its already been Id love to go if its on again!! Im in south brissy so could definitely do a meet up :) I think Ive been to every petshop from here to the gold coast looking at bird toys haha drives my partner nuts as Im always saying stop theres a pet store!! Always a bargain to find...
Fi