My Hen has laid!! (long)

Moderator: Mods

baybee27

My Hen has laid!! (long)

Post by baybee27 »

Hello everyone..:) I am locate in Detroit Mi. I have a hen who, after successfully breeding with her mate for a month, has just laid 1 egg!! So far, just 1. Is it likely that she will lay more? I was able to get a look at the egg and it is fertalized. However, she has built a small nest in the corner of her box, but the egg was sitting in the other corner?? Any ideas on if this is normal, or not? This is my first experience with breeding any parrot species.. She is definately spending most of the day and night in her box. It was a lucky occassion that I was able to ge into the box to see what was goin on (she does not like ANYONE to touch her nestbox..lol I ve had this pair for almost a year and they started to breed at the end of Janurary.. Any info would be great, thanks..:)
mikeb

Re: My Hen has laid!! (long)

Post by mikeb »

they usually lay eggs every other day after the first one and usually start sitting on them after the third egg, if it's been longer than two or three days since the first egg that may be all she lays and it generally takes about ten days to tell if it's fertile, if the egg she has laid is fertile, and you can see blood lines when candled then that means she's been sitting on it good luck !