cleartail and lacewing(pallid) combination?????

Moderator: Mods

angeldc77

cleartail and lacewing(pallid) combination?????

Post by angeldc77 »

I currently have a green/blue cleartail male with a turquoise lacewing female. I understand that this is not the best pairing for fear that the male offspring that would be split to cleartail and lacewing would later mask a visual cleartail when paired with a visual cleartail hen. Or would it???? has anyone here ever bred a turquoise blue/cleartail pallid cock with a blue cleartail hen? Using the genetic calculator, one of the female babies would be a visual blue cleartailpallid. Does anyone have a documented photo of this bird showing the mutated reaction of this combination? Or is it just assumed that the pallid mutation will just simply mask the cleartail, OR will the cleartail mask the pallid. I really wonder if there will be any masking at all, and if instead there will be a fusion of the two mutations.
rod038

Re: cleartail and lacewing(pallid) combination?????

Post by rod038 »

Is the Cock bird a Green split Blue split Cleartail or a Green Cleartail split Blue?
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

The cock is a visual green cleartail split to blue.
rod038

Post by rod038 »

I am sure someone would have done it. There are 3 of the Clear Head Mutations. The Pallid, Clearheaded Fallow (Buttercup) and the Cleartail. The Cleartail is the only one of these mutations that keeps its full colour while the others lighten.

Some mutations mix well and some not so well. Try it and see what happens. The Cleartail may not mask the Pallid or the Pallid mask the Cleartail but it could wash out the colours.

Are you in Australia because if you are I can put you in contact with breeders who may know for sure.
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

No, I am in Florida. I guess it will take me a couple of years to find out, provided I do get a male offspring this season and pair him with a visual cleartail hen. I think the clearhead that lightens the coloring besides the pallid is called bronze fallow, and the normal clearheads retain full color just like cleartails.
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

OKay so you were right :oops: ...the clearhead also DOES have a lighter appearance in the body but with full colored wings, where the bronze fallow has an overall lighter appearance.

Source: http://home.wanadoo.nl/psittaculaworld/ ... rameri.htm

I like to give credit where credit is due :)
rod038

Post by rod038 »

There is a Breeder near me that has breed a Cleartail Dominant Pied which was meant to be the first one bred.

There are alot of birds with Multiple mutations that are nice looking birds. The only problem when you start to breed some mutations together is actually knowing what mutations the birds are as you can get birds that look identical but may have been derived by mixing different mutations.

But if you dont try it you well never know.

Here are some other websites with some nice looking mutations pictured. You could contact the website owners by email and they may be able to give you more info on the combinations you want.

www.fabulousparrots.com.au

http://www.mcw-indianringnecks.com.au/
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

Cleartail dominant pied?? I guess if the head and tail remain clear and only the body gets the pied markings it would make for a wild looking bird. A double violet factor turquoise dominant pied cleartail :shock: .... I can almost picture it, a rich creamy yellow head with white, violet, yellow, turquoise blue pied markings with a white tail!!! What will they think of next :lol: .