Attempted to get out of cage, succesded but didn't fly away.

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

mickpmc

Attempted to get out of cage, succesded but didn't fly away.

Post by mickpmc »

I was at a friend's house and my Mum was picking me up and heading back home. When I got home, I had a feeling something happened because I asked mum in the car, 'Is Milo okay'. She had been out and was heading back for the grocery store and my Dad was cleaning the pool, he said to me, 'You know what happened to Milo about 10 minutes ago?'. He explained to me he had to move the car out
of the driveway and when he came back, he saw Milo hanging on the outside of the cage, trying to get back in. Dad came over and
stuck his finger out, he climbed on and with ease, he put him back into the cage. I think he wouldn't fly away if I opened his cage
outside; I think he'd fly to me. Every time I open his cage inside, he flies to me without a thought. I use pegs to keep the cage doors
closed but he must have somehow, pushed it opened, took a look around, decided he'd had enough and wanted to get back in.

He didn't know how long he was outside of the cage, and how he got out. I suggest we make a topic on different methods on keeping
the cage closed? Different peg positions, but I was just lucky that he loves us so much, and he is used to our community so much that
he wanted to get back in. He's a cheeky bugger.

Milo...Boy...Buddy
ellieelectrons

Re: Attempted to get out of cage, succesded but didn't fly a

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Mick

When I was younger I had kept peachfaces that were real escapologists. The thing that worked for us was using the clips that go on a dog's lead. They looked a little like this:

Glad to hear your bird is going well.

Ellie.

P.S. I wouldn't risk trying it outside... if your bird gets a fright, you could lose it.
Thysvn

Re: Attempted to get out of cage, succesded but didn't fly a

Post by Thysvn »

my one bird cant fly... lol when she trys she just drops down to the ground... luckly she almost never try to fly