Hello from Mandie and Barry :)

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Mandie

Hello from Mandie and Barry :)

Post by Mandie »

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to post a thank you for all the great info on the site. I read through a little bit before we picked up Barry but since we've brought him home it's been even more helpful!

Barry is a 10 week old lutino IRN and a super friendly little guy, happily steps up, will let you pat him and seems to like belly scratches, makes raspberry noises when you touch his tail. The petstore fed him on seed only so we're gradually introducing fruit and veg into his diet, so far he loves pineapple, banana, lettuce, tomato and broccoli. I daresay some kids have been feeding him junkfood at the store because he'll walk a mile and look up at you ernestly for a potato chip.

On the downside his favourite thing to do at the moment is sift through his seed looking for sunflower seeds (and by sift I mean throwing everything else out of the bowl onto the floor). So it looks like we'll be heading off to find another petstore to buy some proper seed from soon. He's not confident with flying at all, he'll flap his wings but is very hesitant to actually go anywhere just yet, it's understandable I guess because he had such a tiny cage before. The one we have for him now is at least three times bigger than the one he was in and he seems to love it. The info about taking into account the length of their tails when buying a cage was really helpful.

Here's some pics!! Thank you!

Image Image Image
DJLeeZ

Re: Hello from Mandie and Barry :)

Post by DJLeeZ »

aww he looks like a little chocobo :)