Sixty Fiver

Spam spam spam spam...

Post by Sixty Fiver »

Houston, we have a problem.

Spam seems to be out of control here.
Sixty Fiver

Re: Spam spam spam spam...

Post by Sixty Fiver »

I know that I am a newb here but would extend the offer to help moderate, specifically to help deal with the overwhelming amount of spam that seems to be affecting this great board.

Have a little experience in this having moderated on boards with memberships of well over 100,000 where spam is an even more serious issue and now help moderate on a smaller cycling related board where we have had to odd bit of unwanted content pop up.

Figure the wages of spam on any board should be as harsh as possible.

Thinking too that the current moderators might be on the other side of the planet from me and this might also help with better 24/7 coverage.
Dare2b

Post by Dare2b »

This spam is making it very hard to read genuine posts.

Happy to assist moderate as well or maybe make it do you must be accepted.
julie

Post by julie »

I actually have a life outside of this board.sorry that you have to see it,its quite obvious what threads are spam so dont look at it.
Sixty Fiver

Post by Sixty Fiver »

julie wrote:I actually have a life outside of this board.sorry that you have to see it,its quite obvious what threads are spam so dont look at it.
I understand all this and meant no criticism... was just making an offer to help.
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

My apologies! I am installing software to fight it! Believe me, the other mods and I are always fighting it and doing everything we can to remove it. This forum is quite popular, and unfortunately because of that, we get hit with spam a lot. I truly am very sorry! Thank you so much for voicing your opinion about it! Just wanted to let you know we are working on it and that i am currently looking into updating the software again..i just have to test it out before i launch to ensure it does not hinder the flow here.... :D

Best Wishes :wink: ,

IMRAN-C
Melika

Post by Melika »

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date Imran. :) Looking forward to a spam-free world again.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay