Photos of our babies

Post by mishaellie »

Misha&Ellie

Sam & Shelby

Bailey
julie

Re: Photos of our babies

Post by julie »

Great pics thanks for sharing. I cant stop laughing cause I have a photo of my hubby and daughter sitting in a plane like that at movie world.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

You have a nice collection of birds.....and the dog seems to have the life as well. :D
AiSell

Post by AiSell »

Cute babies and so so charming they are :D
Sixty Fiver

Post by Sixty Fiver »

[imghttp://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq122/BAXT04/24052008452.jpg][/img]

Bird herding is hard work... :lol:

Beautiful crew you have there.
Sixty Fiver

Post by Sixty Fiver »

Toulouse... a 9 month old Senegal I work with at the pet shop.

Sixty Fiver

Post by Sixty Fiver »

Bath night for Lucce... nothing like having a warm towel ready after your bath.

Amore had a bath and some towel time too but could not get a decent picture until she was preening.

Use this technique at the shop to make the toweling a pleasant experience and gets the babies used to being handled a little more.

Bathed Toulose this am and when I unwrapped her she pulled the towel back over her head several times... she does not like the misting as much as she likes being wrapped up like a baby.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Sixty Fiver wrote:Amore had a bath and some towel time too but could not get a decent picture until she was preening.
How cute. Was it hard to get him/her used to the toweling?

Ellie.
Sixty Fiver

Post by Sixty Fiver »

ellieelectrons wrote:
Sixty Fiver wrote:Amore had a bath and some towel time too but could not get a decent picture until she was preening.
How cute. Was it hard to get him/her used to the toweling?

Ellie.
I have just started this and they do not seem to mind the after bath towel... was letting them bathe and splash on their own but wanted to find ways to get them more comfortable with being picked up and held bodily as they never experienced much of this before unless it involved other care like wing and nail trimmings..

I do this in the tub with the door closed to prevent escapes... Amore is a little water baby and loved the mister... she also has a bathing dish in the cage she also likes.

After she had her wings clipped she was much less resistant to being scooped up and the most I got fro my troubles from her was a little hard grab when she did not want to come off my shoulder.

They are such good babies.
Sixty Fiver

Post by Sixty Fiver »

We have a new baby at the shop... a resplendent looking Sun Conure who is very friendly, steps up without hesitation, and is full of kisses (but does not like to be touched bodily) although you can retrieve him/her from your shoulder with no issues.

Looking at the tail feathers I think he may have had a hatch mate or another bird harassing him/her as it is pretty ragged looking so that might explain the warning shrieks which are deafening... these are very loud birds.

Anyways... after a misting this morning I wrapped the new baby up in a towel and was allowed to give some head and neck scritches and the conure was so happy and content being coddled and scritched I though he/she was going to nod off on me and was in no hurry to get out.

I wrap them gently and put them on their backs and throw the loose end of the towel over the top, play a little peek a boo, and let them remove the towel themselves when they are ready to come out.

I try to make this a fun and positive experience for them all and it is a trust building activity as a bird will not let you put them on their back unless they are totally confident with you.
jhebert9

Post by jhebert9 »

Your green irn has such a sweet face!
Darwin, Turquoise Chick