Update on my blue Barry bird

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Blueberrybird

Update on my blue Barry bird

Post by Blueberrybird »

Well, it's been 2 months since I've brought Barry home, and it is still a learning experience for both of us. He is no longer dropping feathers, he still bites if I put my hand in the cage, but he has learned that the only way for him to get from the top of the cage to the family room for his daily time with the family and playstand is through me ;). So it takes a few attempts daily, but he starts calling me everyday when he hears me come in from work,( with kiddy sounds, wolf whistles, and his attempts at hello Barry! I let him out to the top of his cage, show him a peanut, and say wanna go with mommy? He will run around and look silly, I'll stand there for a bit, asking. Then I'll say ok. Bye bye. And walk out. He will start calling & after a bit I'll go in & do it all over again. It's working! He still doesn't like to be petted, but that's okay. He usually doesn't bite unless I keep him on my finger for too long and pet him. He is still a little aggressive at cage and stand but, he's getting better, and he is only about 7 months old. I think by 2 y we should have each other trained well lol. He makes me smile every day. Definitely no regrets in getting an IRN :)
taywer321

Re: Update on my blue Barry bird

Post by taywer321 »

Glad to hear you have no regrets! IRN's definitely take time to work with but are absolutely amazing birds. I wouldn't trade mine for the world :)