Post by DeeDeeLutino »

By leidy755 at 2011-08-25
this bird is totally insane

This is tweety and his friend buddy the green cheek.
I love them :))))
Codys Mom

Re: photos of my baby :)

Post by Codys Mom »

Tweety is beautiful is she a Lutino? she looks like Peanut our female ringneck
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Fantastic Photos! I love the lutino ringeck! Stunning green cheek conure as well! :) Give them a treat from me.

Best Wishes,

IMRAN-C
Blueberrybird

Post by Blueberrybird »

Very pretty lutino! I walked into a tiny little pet shop last week, it had 4 birds, one was a beautiful lutino that was so tame and sweet, I was able to reach in the cage and she stepped right up! The guy selling her said he bought her that way!! I hope someone wonderful buys her! And I know I will get my baby blue that tame eventually. They are so cute when they are this age, with their big baby eyes:)
DeeDeeLutino

Post by DeeDeeLutino »

My babies say thank you!! :D
I do not know if tweety is a boy or a girl.

My green cheek Buddy used to be quite nippy but since I got tweety he is like another bird! He will be nippy and protective of his cage only so I just open the cage and wait for him to come out and he is the sweetest thing. He lets me do anything to him and loves cuddles, I have learned to read him quite well, I think sometimes he used to bite me because he wanted me to do somethin ej put him on top of his cage, on the floor, pick him up or give him a treat etc.

Everytime he bit me I would explain to him that I didnt like it, now when he is hanging out with me and he wants me to do something he will give me a soft touch with his beak on my finger-hand or wherever he can. And by spending a lot of time with him I have learned what exactly does he want.

Now tweety totally hates him. Everytime they come close tweety's eyes go nuts and he tries to bite him but he doesnt :?: i just think tweety doesn't know he can use his beak to inflict pain because he/she has the most gentle touch you can imagine.
If I am holding them both tweety will reluctantly preen Buddy and Buddy LOVES it he starts cooing and falling asleep like.

Buddy would be the happiest bird if tweety liked him as much as he likes tweety. But buddy is too hyper for tweety. Tweety will stare at buddy like what the Heck are you doing movin around so much :mrgreen:

It suprises me how incredible smart birds are. They really seem to understand when you try to explain them something.

They are clowns :D

Here is some more photos I had posted on the introduce yourself, but I think they belong here, they are from when i first brought him/her home :0

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

DeeDeeLutino

Post by DeeDeeLutino »

I can wait to know if I have a boy or girl. I have been thinking of getting them DNA. I do not know buddy's sex either.
I am gonna be soo suprised whatever result I get :mrgreen:
Codys Mom

Post by Codys Mom »

go for it get the dna test done , you can order a free kit through Avian Biotech and you will know your results in about a week , I do the blood card , just clip a nail a little short you only need a few drops of blood on the card , when we did Peanut she never moved or made a noise like it didn't even bother her , for the health of your birds you should always know the sex of them
the messed up on Peanuts certificate , after you send off the information to Avian Biotech they will email you the results and you will get a nice certificate in the mail ,I had to call them a few days ago they had Peanuts speices as a Indian Hanging Parrot so she is sending me a new certificate with her proper speices name
DeeDeeLutino

Post by DeeDeeLutino »

Ariahna wrote:I bet it will be very exciting to find out what sex they both are. I don't know what sex my painted or my green cheeked conure are but I NEED to find out since they really love each other LOL. Luckily they are both still quite young. You'll have to share your tips with me on reading the GCC, ours likes to just turn on you....sweet one second and biting the next. :shock: :P

PJ doesn't want anything to do with my conures either. He pretty much just likes me. I wish he liked the other birds, but not yet anyway. He tolerates them, but he moves away from them if they get too close, but he's never aggressive to them, but boy do those eyes pin! :lol:

I love those pictures of Tweety.
I will dna them soon :)

My gcc seemed to have changed when i got my irn, by the time i got my irn i started to give the gcc more attention because i didnt want him to be jealous, regarding the bitting i read somewhere that i should try to turn him on his back inmediately when he bite hold his head gently look at his eyes and explain to him i didn't like it :lol: . I dont know but after a few times he seemed to get it. Instead of bitting hard (he would draw blood) he would just pinch me slightly, I compliment him a lot and give him treats for being nice if he wants another treat he looks at me with those half open beggin eyes and pinch me slightly.
I bring his body close to me and blow warm air and he just begs for it.

:mrgreen:
Blueberrybird

Post by Blueberrybird »

Adorable pic!! :)
myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

I think it a boy.
DeeDeeLutino

Post by DeeDeeLutino »

myrka2004 wrote:I think it a boy.
deep inside i would like to see that pretty pink ring :D tweety is very vocal and is already making words at 4 months. I haven't seen any specific male or female behaviours yet but we'll see :mrgreen:
DeeDeeLutino

Post by DeeDeeLutino »

I will post a short video of tweety today at the video forum. I think he was acting like a boy :!:
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Omg, these photos are absolutely gorgeous. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic where the gcc is snuggling into the ringie.....fantastic.
DeeDeeLutino

Post by DeeDeeLutino »

is official tweety is a BOYY!!!!!!!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Awww...congrats on your boy. :)
DeeDeeLutino

Post by DeeDeeLutino »

:mrgreen: