*mia*

Kalle and Amí

Post by *mia* »

Here come some picture of Kalle and his friend Amí :D
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Mia,
Your pictures are so great. I love them! Esp. the one where it looks like Kalle is holding the cucumber for the keet. Too cute.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

What a sweet boy!

He loves to share and french kiss.

Baby and Chief enjoy that too kissing, not sharing. However, theirs is a love-hate relationship.

Brave lil 'keet ya got there.

As many feel it is crazy for me to let my clawless kittys play with my birds (cats are terrified of them and just get chased basically), it is JUST as crazy/dangerous for us to allow our birds to play together... maybe even moreso, actually.

Im not saying it is wrong, in fact I encourage group pet play under direct supervision.

The point Im trying to make is Chief and Baby both stand a FAR better chance of losing an eye or talon as a result of a conflict or breaking a blood feather than my birds are to get pounced on or scratched by new born kittys/clawless kittys.

One cant pouce while fleeing. :lol:

If you ever watch a bird and kitty play, cats are TERRIFIED of birds. Curious but not enough to get into swatting distance. It consists of 'birdie chase the kitty for a good but playful bite on the tail'. CATS DO NOT STAND A CHANCE WHEN IT COMES TO AN IRN.

They flee before trying to go toe to toe. Birds are territorial, cats arent. Cats also avoid conflict if at all possible, meaning they will flee rather than choosing to stand their ground.

We all spoil our babies in ways we shouldnt... cheese, milk, playing with other pets, giving too many treats... you get my point.

None of it leaves our baby 'any worse for the wear'. So, as others dont bash others for things they arent SUPPOSE to do... remember, you are no better. You too do things we 'arent suppose to do'. You meaning all board members.

Be it cheese, group play, milk, too many treats... whatever. WE ALL DO THINGS WE ARENT SUPPOSE TO WHEN IT COME TO SPENDING TIME WITH OUR IRN'S.

May not admit it but you know its true and that is good enough for me. 8)
~ Mikaela Sky

Ducky

Post by Ducky »

aww they are friends....... thats the one thing about ducky my kids both have keets and duckys taken both tails outta them and will charge at them to bite them everytime they come out to the living room. why they always go to her is beyond me. shes gonna bite ya.
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

That just trips me out... Buddy was afraid of the only budgie he ever met, and Mazzie wants to eat all other birds!

Buddy can be friends with the cockatiels easily enough, though he does get annoyed with Whitey (who sings long love balads at him... dork is in love with him) and fly away from him after a while.

Athena
spinnergirl

Post by spinnergirl »

Those are some super duper photos..and yes what a brave keet!!

Must have really wanted the cucumber...
Kristy and her Crew
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Mia,

Kalle and Amí are just adorable. Sharing and being friends like that .. how cute and I agree with jen that one where he is holding the food for Ami, how sweet.

You know , I am more confident now about getting Brinly (my future fat headed budgie) because of these pics and of the ones of Datsun and chevy and the fact that Kai was so gentle with the little yellow budgie at my mums (I have pics of them somewhere will have to find them and post them).

Thanks for sharing darling.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

julies

Post by julies »

that is so cute, it looks like his sharing his food.
*mia*

Post by *mia* »