Bonnie & Clyde

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

vivalamom

Bonnie & Clyde

Post by vivalamom »

This is bonnie and clyde i have had them for only 3 wks now they are my babies. I bought them from a lady who didn't really take care of them. When I met up with her she was rushing to put the cage in my truck I stopped her and Said " WHY is the female bleeding?" she replies" OH NO! I haaaad NO clue!'' They drove 5 hrs and didn't notice her bleeding WELL after over an hr of getting snippy because I knew she was lieing to me and both birds hard died and fresh blood on them. WELL after bout and hr or more the daughter FINALLY says " When we were leaving I went to get them out and grabbed her and jus yanked her out of the cage and couldn't get her wing free so just pulled her out" WELL after that lil story i get in my truck pull the female out * NOT HAND TAME* to look at her wings. She was missing alot of feathers from her wings and also hit some blood feathers! As for Clyde they couldn't tell me why he was bleeding. They acted as if i was dumb and didn't know anything bout birds. Needless to say she went down fast on the price once I told her it was stupid that i had to pay the price after I drove 4 hrs to meet her and she couldn't tell me that they were like this. BUT We quickly got the bleeding to stop on Bonnie. We got home the bleeding was stopped I gave them both a bath in Apple Cider Vinegar and warm water. They were a VERY VERY dull yellow with some red spots from blood. BUT after their bath and toenail trim they were BRIGHT yellow. The lady i got them from said they do not talk lied about alot of info on them. She gave me the ladys number where she bought them from and ended up being they weren't 9 yrs old they were 3 they haven't been bred yet and they do both talk and when they left her house to this lady they were hand tame both of them. WELL lady had them from March until 3 wks ago you can't touch them and they both talk. Bonnie is hard to make out Clyde says what ya doing come here kiss me. Here are the pictures I have of them. You can see where they are still banged up a bit BUT they are healing just fine! I do not have a before picture of them I must have deleted it on accident.
This was them after a misting from a water bottle

This one was after their 2rd bath
Blueberrybird

Re: Bonnie & Clyde

Post by Blueberrybird »

Ah!! Pretty!
likatiger

Post by likatiger »

poor things look terrified. Hate hearing about people miss treating their pets. With any luck you can restore some faith and trust back in them.
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Wow, such a story! I am so happy you purchased them! :wink: I know they have a wonderful home and this is a new beginning for them. It makes me really sad that people can mistreat these fantastic creatures! You my friend are an angel! We look forward to many more of your posts!

Best Wishes :wink: ,

IMRAN-C
Maniiacy

Post by Maniiacy »

Congratulations on your new birds - It's sad to hear about how mistreated they were, but at least now they are somewhere well.

My two are also named Bonnie and Clyde. :P
WickedOne

Post by WickedOne »

It sucks that those poor babies had to go through that, but yay they have a new loving home now and someone that knows how to take proper care of them!
evaleen

Post by evaleen »

i gess they dont kno it now, but they'l feel super grateful that they ended up in your care. good luck with them! they'r beautiful...
:mrgreen:
Eva
Blueberrybird

Post by Blueberrybird »

It sounds stupid, but I HATE seeing birds in petshops. I go home and worry about the birds. I will return to the shop several times to see if they have been bought, if they have toys, etc. It's kind of silly.