New to this site

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

jessie74

New to this site

Post by jessie74 »

Hi, Im new to this site? I have an IRN named Jessie, he is 3 years old. I raised him from 10 days old. I just love him too bits!! :D
Azure

Re: New to this site

Post by Azure »

welcome to you and jessie! :D
it seems that your relation is very good!

have fun and learn lots around the site! :)
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet
SkyesMom

Post by SkyesMom »

Welcome to the site. :D
Dana
jessie74

Post by jessie74 »

Thanks guys!!!! I love this site!! Its great to be able to talk to other bird lovers about our babies. I always talk about Jessie with friends and family, though they all have children, and are not really interested in talking about birds!! I have no children, so i guess im not interested in talking about their kids. Jessie is my child!!! LOL
Can anyone advise me on how to put pictures of Jessie on this site???? I have no idea !!
Thanks Jo and Jessie
Roment biplob

Post by Roment biplob »

Welcome to you friend with your sweet bird. :D
kshivu83

Post by kshivu83 »

jessie74 wrote:Hi, Im new to this site? I have an IRN named Jessie, he is 3 years old. I raised him from 10 days old. I just love him too bits!! :D
hey Jessie74, I too have an IRN named Jessie. She too is lovely and she is very new to our home. She is 8 months old and she is very afraid in the new home. Would you provide any tips to tame her?
jessie74

Post by jessie74 »

Hi There,

Wow; I have met many people, who have named their IRN Jessie!!
Well; it is a unisex name, when we are unsure of our babies sex!

I can certainly give you some advice on training your ' Jessie ' :

When, i first got my boy; he was 10 days old ( just opened his little eyes ) i raised him, he is now 3 years old, and does many tricks, talks several words, dances, sings, whistles.. and all types of things!!

I have worked with birds, and studied birds now for many years.
one thing.... i always learnt... is TALK to your bird, like you would talk to a child, involve your bird in your everyday activities..ie;
making breakfast, cutting up veges ( let him be involved, and he will watch and learn things ).. let him eat, some of that carrot, you just cut up for dinner!!!... take him for a drive in the car; when you need to go to the shop, or return the movie, from Video Ezy, take him in the shop ( a no food store ) with you !!!

Your Jessie, thinks YOU are his parent!!!

and your Jessie is your child!!!

Asiatic parrots; have the mind of a 5 year old child !!!

LOL !! ( Thats why i only have my beautiful boy jessie )!!!

Hope this helps;
Cheers
Jessie and jo!!