Please, help me ...

Moderator: Mods

myrka2004

Please, help me ...

Post by myrka2004 »

Hi there,
I have 2 IRN parrots, girl 3 months and boy 4 months. I don't want to make a babies in future (maybe I change my mind, but not now).
So, could they play together or sit in one cage to not make a babies? My breeder says that if You not give him a nest box to where to lay eggs,
they will not making babies? Is it true?
Please, help me... I'm new to parrot owner. I buy girl parrot as a friend to my boy parrot.
mkurtak

Re: Please, help me ...

Post by mkurtak »

they can't have children under 3 years old. you are sure some time. :)

and btw how you know they are boy and girl, you can't know that under 3 years old or pay DNA check.
dotfish

Post by dotfish »

hey! I heard there is a parrot condoms for sale in ebay :D
now thats silly joke from me( sorry I couldnt resist)
myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

mkurtak wrote:they can't have children under 3 years old. you are sure some time. :)

and btw how you know they are boy and girl, you can't know that under 3 years old or pay DNA check.

I have DNA check *)
Thanks for respond and answers!
Wessel Gordon

Post by Wessel Gordon »

Hi Myrka

It is possible that the female would lay eggs if there's not a nest around. I had a pair of Sun Conures that started laying eggs on the bottom of the cage till I got them a nestbox and then they had 3 clutches of babies.

Wessel
myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

Wessel Gordon wrote:Hi Myrka

It is possible that the female would lay eggs if there's not a nest around. I had a pair of Sun Conures that started laying eggs on the bottom of the cage till I got them a nestbox and then they had 3 clutches of babies.

Wessel
WOW... amazing birds *)
They not tame anymore when they pair...:(((
Wessel Gordon

Post by Wessel Gordon »

Myrka,

It's not that they're not tame anymore of they have a friend or breed...they just have something else keeping them busy.
myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

Wessel Gordon wrote:Myrka,

It's not that they're not tame anymore of they have a friend or breed...they just have something else keeping them busy.
If they live and play separately- do they still be NOT tame?
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hi Myrka, unfortunately we cannot stop what comes natural. I had a male and female, they were both tame before she became sexually mature. Most IRNs quickly loose their tameness when paired and breeding. The good thing is you have 2 - 3 years before they start trying. Please think about either separating them, or letting them breed later. You have some time to think about it.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

RE: Hi Myrka, unfortunately we cannot stop what comes natural. I had a male and female, they were both tame before she became sexually mature. Most IRNs quickly loose their tameness when paired and breeding. The good thing is you have 2 - 3 years before they start trying. Please think about either separating them, or letting them breed later. You have some time to think about it.

How seprate them To other room to not see each other? or like I have them now in one room in separate cages.
Thank you for advice.
myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

More respond....
my babies in separete cage only see each other, not play together.