Goofy Bonnie

Moderator: Mods

Maniiacy

Goofy Bonnie

Post by Maniiacy »

Bonnie decided to show of his/her dancing today :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PyMmvc0kMQ

Silly question. Do any of you think that it was something territorial, or just her being playful? Her eyes pinned off and on so I wasn't really sure.
ellieelectrons

Re: Goofy Bonnie

Post by ellieelectrons »

I'm pretty sure that's the male 'look at me I'm so good' dance so Bonnie is probably a he although I think I remember reading that adolescent birds may show male and female sexual displays like this but I dont know if that is true. My adolescent male does that same dance to our female. Thanks for sharing the vid. You have cute little guys there.

Ellie.
Maniiacy

Re: Goofy Bonnie

Post by Maniiacy »

ellieelectrons wrote:I'm pretty sure that's the male 'look at me I'm so good' dance so Bonnie is probably a he although I think I remember reading that adolescent birds may show male and female sexual displays like this but I dont know if that is true. My adolescent male does that same dance to our female. Thanks for sharing the vid. You have cute little guys there.

Ellie.
Thank you :) That makes sense.

I was thinking she may be a he. S/he has a little black beard, per lack of a better description, right under his/her beak. Bonnie usually acts so girly compared to Clyde, until that happened.