Brussell Sprouts

Moderator: Mods

jen5239
Community Greeter

Brussell Sprouts

Post by jen5239 »

Hey everyone,
Is it ok to feed the birds brussell sprouts? I got some from the grocery today and don't want to give them any until I find out if it's ok. Hard telling if they'll even eat it. But my Remmi loves his broccoli! He's so cute with it. Holding it with his foot and trying to climb to the top of the cage to eat it. And he always manages to drop it. I think I have more food on the floor than gets in his little birdy belly. But...

So if anyone can let me know if brussell sprouts are okay, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jen
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Yep, they are just fine.

My guys don't really care for them raw, if I give them to them that way I have a bunch of flying chunks of green...

However, I boil them for a bit just to soften them... peel off the outer (big ugly) leaves... and cut them at least in half so they can core the center yummy leaves :).

Athena
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Thanks a bunch Athena! I will do that now so they can give them a try. I do appreciate all of your help with food!

Jen
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Happy to do what I can :)

We all had to figure it out at some point, and I had some great teachers, so I feel honored to be able to pass on the things they taught me.

Athena