Pohi learning to talk

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

enmonjea

Pohi learning to talk

Post by enmonjea »

Here is a video of him talking in the shower this morning. He is almost a year old now, and has only been mumbling words for about a month. The first wird we heard was a sudden and very clear, "BEEPY BIRD" while my boyfriend and i were cuddling with him and watching TV. Since then, I am astonished at how quickly things are coming to him and how every word he uses gets clearer by the day. He isnt speaking his best in this video, but it shows at least some of what he can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GjKsULUCwE

The best examples of him speaking are:

3:30-4:00 he says, "come here. Good boy baby. come here. gimme kiss. go weeee! beebeepy bird beebeebee bird" with random stuff in between

at 5:41 he says "so cute"

6:03-6:08 is a clear "beeby bird"... haha i guess thats my fault because i tend to mix beepy and baby together in laziness with him

If anyone hears a phrase I'm missing let me know, He is starting to mumble several phrases in a deep voice, but he didnt cover them in the video. I can't tell yet if that is from the rock station he listens too all day or if its from my boyfriend. We'll see. =) As far as I can remember in a month he has picked up on "come here" "beepy bird" "good boy" "weeee!" "ooooo" "little baby bird" "gimme kiss" (with or without the kissie sound at the end), "soooo cute", and "whatcha doin"

Anyway, I love this little bird. He is a complete joy to spend time with.