I need to vent some steam

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

shadnamber

I need to vent some steam

Post by shadnamber »

So, I have to wait until July to get an IRN. The breeder I found has a story that is not adding up. and I keep seeing red flags. I am not here to slander anyone I will try to keep things generic. She won't let me see her house or where she breeds her birds. She at first seemed to have reasonable excuses such as, my friend is hand-feeding the birds so they aren't at my house right now, etc. Which I bought into, because I wanted the bird so badly. Then recently, the bird was suddenly weaned and needed to be picked up this weekend. and If I couldn't come this weekend I needed to send a deposit to hold the bird. There were other people interested in the bird is what I was told. We decided to wait. We got lovebirds this weekend instead. AND 2 days later in the classifieds there was an ad for the bird I was going to buy. the ad essentially said that the bird was 6 weeks old and not yet weaned. which I had already correctly guessed. AM I WRONG TO BE ANGRY??? I always try to believe the best in people, but I really feel that this person has not been honest with me and I can not go into a business dealing with them and expect it to work out good.
My Motto in life is simple, If it's empty- fill it. If it's full-empty it. If it itches-scratch it!
mikeb

Re: I need to vent some steam

Post by mikeb »

yes you are right, there are a lot of crooked people out there but there are a whole lot more that are honest! being your here in the US if your still in the market for a ringneck i suggest trying indianringneck.net and click on available birds jay will be having some handfed babies in the next coming month according to his web page he is a trust worthy breeder and also may know someone near you to send you to also check out hoobly.com & avianbiotech.com
shadnamber

Post by shadnamber »

thank you. I appreciate your feedback and your info. I will look into that.
My Motto in life is simple, If it's empty- fill it. If it's full-empty it. If it itches-scratch it!
julie

Post by julie »

The breeder may think something is up with you too, there is no way Im showing anyone i dont personally know my house or my birds and other animals. People get robbbed and animals taken sometimes by people answering adds ect and bassically casing the place under the guize of buying a pet.Its a shame that things are this way but there is always atleast 2 sides to look at.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I am also like Julie. I prefer people do not come to my house as I have a few expensive birds and, like Julie said, bird, pet and contents theft is unfortunately common here.
I know of one instance where a wife and children were tied up and held at gun point while the thieves stole the expensive reptile collection.
On the flip side, being a customer, I sometimes feel some concerns about someone not wanting me to see the living conditions of the birds incase there was something to hide and not all honest, but can totally understand their reservations. It is a very tough line to walk, being both a breeder and a customer.
I guess you have to go with your gut feelings and if you do not feel comfortable with the reasons given, then look elsewhere for a bird.
:)
julie

Post by julie »

maybe it would be better to go off the bird you are going to purchase condition and ask around for other people that have a bird from the breeder.
shadnamber

Post by shadnamber »

after having a few days to cool off... I feel silly for bringing it up. I think it would be a good idea to maybe get some other buyer referals if she has them. I was just expecting better communication on her end and it is hard to put the right words in an email. thank you for all your feedback. I won't give up, I just need to be patient and wait for the right bird. when it is the right time everything will just work out.