Hello, it's been a wile.

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

poppeottomor

Hello, it's been a wile.

Post by poppeottomor »

I have been reding ALOT about ringneck behavior, and bird Psychology and I have had Victor 5 months now, and he is doing geart.
But he is still biting me, he will take food from my hand, but after that he will bite me, hard and draw booldt.
He will sit on my shoulder and suddenly bite me in the neck, and sometimes he will want me to hold he's food, wile he is erting and then suddenly out of nowayr, he will bite me ???
I don't now, what i am doing wrong ???
Please tell me what you guys did, when youre ringneck where in he or She's ( I want to controle my human ) age.
S. Charlotte.
xx_sheena_xx

Re: Hello, it's been a wile.

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

all i can say is good luck!
try to figure out what makes him bite you
i cant give you any suggestions as my ringneck hasnt gone through the biting stage yet
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

We had a similar problem with our guys... They would be good, good, good on the shoulder and then out of nowhere, they would occasionally bite the ear. I try now to not let them on the shoulder. This was a bit hard to train... but they seem to have got it reasonably well. The other problem I had with them on the shoulder was that I can't always get them to get off me when I want too, whereas I have more control over that when they are on my hand.

Good luck with the biting... I'm still trying to sort my issues out too. Mine don't bite often but when they do, it takes me by surprise and I tend to behave the wrong way (withdrawing my hand).... which then reinforces the behaviour.... With Janey, she tends to bite as soon as I do something she finds a bit unpredicatble.... which makes it difficult to train her new tricks.

Good luck & best wishes!

Ellie.
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

ellieelectrons wrote:We had a similar problem with our guys... They would be good, good, good on the shoulder and then out of nowhere, they would occasionally bite the ear. I try now to not let them on the shoulder. This was a bit hard to train... but they seem to have got it reasonably well. The other problem I had with them on the shoulder was that I can't always get them to get off me when I want too, whereas I have more control over that when they are on my hand.

Good luck with the biting... I'm still trying to sort my issues out too. Mine don't bite often but when they do, it takes me by surprise and I tend to behave the wrong way (withdrawing my hand).... which then reinforces the behaviour.... With Janey, she tends to bite as soon as I do something she finds a bit unpredicatble.... which makes it difficult to train her new tricks.

Good luck & best wishes!

Ellie.
Thank you :)