Help with color

Moderator: Mods

KornNZ

Help with color

Post by KornNZ »

Can Anybody help me with the color of my bird shes lutino but has orange patchs on her wings tail and light covering under the yellow on her head i've looked on the net and found nothing any ideas . :?:

theres some pics
2[2].jpg
2[2].jpg (59.2 KiB) Viewed 1858 times
2[3].jpg
2[3].jpg (69.58 KiB) Viewed 1858 times
shadnamber

Re: Help with color

Post by shadnamber »

hello, so I am not a breeder and have no experience with this. I was able to google some pics of "pied" and "rainbow" Indian ringnecks which show similar feather patches but in blues and greys not lutino. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will post something because I am curious to know also. Your bird IS very beautiful, thank you for sharing pics!
My Motto in life is simple, If it's empty- fill it. If it's full-empty it. If it itches-scratch it!
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi;

Which is the colour of the external flying feathers of the wings? Are they yellowish as it looks in the first pic or are they white as it seems in the second one?

Recio
KornNZ

Post by KornNZ »

Yep same as the first pic yellowish.
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi;

Some questions about your lutino IRN before trying to develop:
How old is she?
When did she develop de red marks?
Which are the environemental conditions: light schedule, food, vitamin supplementation, ...?
Which were her parents? Is she carrying a turquoise gene?
Was there any other sibling with the same marks, specially males lutinos or creaminos?

If you have not bred this bird try to contact the breeder to ask him these questions. It could really be interesting.

Recio
KornNZ

Post by KornNZ »

Ok shes 5 years old.
All ways had the marks.
As for environemental conditions she gets 10-11 hours of light a day.
She is feed fresh fruit and veg an some seed an avian science bird vitamin&mineral supplement.
As for the parents i dont know as i got her from a pet store that was closeing down i did ask the owner but was clueless but there was to of her siblings an they had no marks they were lutinos to.
Hope that helps.
madas

Post by madas »

KornNZ wrote:vitamin&mineral supplement
What kind of vitamin&mineral supplement? With calcium?

thx.
KornNZ

Post by KornNZ »

It contanis
Vitamin B-1
Vitamin B-2
Vitamin B-3
Vitamin B-6
Vitamin B-12
Vitamin K
Biotin
Calcium Pantothenate
Choline Bitartrate
Folic Acid Minerals
Cobalt Chloride
Copper Gluconate
Iron Citrate
Magneseum Oxide
Manganese Sulfate
Potassium Iodide
Silicon Dioxide
Sodium Selenite
Sulfur
Zinc Sulphate
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi,

I guess that the red marks are not the result of vitamin and mineral supplementation since the bird has always dysplayed the marks. These marks are only dysplayed in areas which are always yellow in creamino birds and it is known that mutations displaying red psitacine appear always in areas dysplaying yellow psitacine in non mutated birds. Just in case it was a red psitacine and to evaluate if it is a new mutation I would breed the bird with a creamino (turquoise-ino) male, and then I would breed back one of the more coloured males of the offspring (more red-yellow) to the mother in order to "fix" the mutation. Avoid using birds with melanin (green, blues, ...) to breed your female because you would not notice any red patch in the offspring. Keep us posted.

Recio