Picking up my IRN tomorrow!

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Joanie

Picking up my IRN tomorrow!

Post by Joanie »

i am very excited about my trip tomorrow! i am hoping i finally found my dream bird. she is a female lutino very sweet, hand tame and talking. she is a little over a yr old and comes with a nice big cage, all for $450! i can't wait to meet her. her name is Betty.
don't really care for that name for such a pretty bird. i may change it to Baby or Sunny or Piper, not sure. any votes for these names?
i sold my beautiful Moustache parakeet, Pandora, and she went to the best home ever. i really lucked out on this one. the lady who came for her is the founder of our local parrot group and rescue society and she has a male Moustache named Kiwi she has always wanted to find a buddy for. she gave up long ago since they are kinda rare and not many around here. she gives me updates regularly and it will be a while yet before she introduces them.
anyways i am very happy to be back with you. i used to have a pair of silver grey breeder IRNs not tame, who found their new home via this board and are doing well.
i can't wait to share pics. i presently have a Senegal named Marnie who won't be as thrilled about this as i am, lol!
Melika

Re: Picking up my IRN tomorrow!

Post by Melika »

I can't help with the name- my friends say I choose weird and difficult names for my pets so you wouldn't want my advice anyway!

Can't wait to see the pictures. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

here she is on her 1st day in her new home. she is slowly checking things out , and just now did a couple flights over my head! its one was a crash land, second one was a nice landing on her cage. not sure if i am going to keep her flighted. i may clip her for now while she is getting used to the place and let them grow back in.
couple more pics taken today
i did put some more perches in her cage today. but she needs lots of room for that tail.
so far so good. she has also been checking out some foot toys i gave her. don't think she has had many toys.
i am selling the white cage i had my Moustache parakeet in
Melika

Post by Melika »

What a pretty bird. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

thanks! she is sooooo different from the moustache parakeet i had. she is very slow to explore and just wants the safety and familiarity of her cage.
the moustache, Pandora, was all over the place! a very busy body she was, never still for a moment, looking for toys, looking for us, flapping her wings, screaming, oh my, the noise that came out of her was something else! she was a very cool bird and so striking to look at.
she makes Piper look like a hump on a bump, a little pitiful pearl sitting in the corner.
they are like night and day. i must say i do miss Pandora she was quite the bird! very funny and always entertaining even though she was a wild child, she was one cool bird.
i hope to be able to go visit someday and see how she is doing.
so i will work on getting little Piper to relax in her new home and open up to us.
she is just a very sweet bird and a little shy i guess.
this was my Pandora
pretty neat huh?