Help with terms on gencalc please..

Moderator: Mods

nyhawaiian

Help with terms on gencalc please..

Post by nyhawaiian »

Hi all,

I was inputting my possible pairs into gencalc and the outcome comfuses me LOL
What is the difference between D Blue and Blue and grey(sf) blue and D grey(sf) blue?
Please advise thanks!!!
Thanks,
Randall
aka nyhawaiian

Recio

Re: Help with terms on gencalc please..

Post by Recio »

Hi;

1. Genetic homozygous blue is visual blue.
2. Genetic homozygous blue with one D (dark factor) or heterozygous dark factor is visual cobalt. Genetic homozygous blue with two D (dark factor) or homozygous dark factor is visual mauve.
3. Genetic homozygous blue with SF grey (single factor or heterozygous grey) is visual grey. If paired to a blue bird, 50% of offspring will be visual grey (SF grey) and 50% visual blue.
4. Genetic homozygous blue with DF (doubel factor or homozygous) grey is visual grey. If paired to a blue bird 100% of the offspring will be visual grey (SF grey).

Something else:
Genetic heterozygous blue is a visual green bird which is split blue (blue is recessif).
Genetic heterozygous turquoise blue is a visual turquoise. If paired to blue you can get 50% visual blues and 50% visual turquoise.
Genetic homozygous turquoise is also visual turquoise. If paired to blue you will get 100% heterozygous turquoise blue (visual turquoise).

May be what we call turquoise is, in fact, an array of slightly different mutations of the same gen, all of them alleles of blue, and this is the reason that the appearence of the offspring is not always uniform. Till now we refered to this phenomenon as a variable expressivity of the turquoise gen, but, in the future we should be able to identify the different alleles of the blue-turquoise-aqua locus.

Regards

Recio
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

and in gencalc, wath means the bullet T1 and T2?

iff you want to calculate:

dark green (= single darkfator)/bleu X olive green ( 2 darkfactors)

the male have 1 DF and then you have to chose for T1 or T2...
the youngster are the same but the % of the different young birds are different....

(i think to buy a male from this couple: dark green possible split for blue... to pair with a kobalt female;
kobalt is from: turq bleu x darkgreen/blue; also again iff you calculate it with T1 and T2 at the motherside)
Greatings from Flanders, Belgium!!!

Lucas
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Lucas;

I have has just explained what type 1 and type 2 means in this post:
http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... 26&t=12454

Tell me if this is not clear

Recio
Lucas