Hi from Sydney Australia...........advice needed

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

vuitton1579

Hi from Sydney Australia...........advice needed

Post by vuitton1579 »

Hi I'm Mel,

Have finally decided to join, Ok i have a ringneck VUITTON he/she (lets just say he) is 13 months old i will post a pic as soon as i figure out how lol....the breeder i got Tonton (thats what he calls himself) from said he is a blue lacewing and i only bought him because he has a slight problem with 1 of his feet which happened in the nest and was told he'd be put down, so of course i fell in love with him hand reared him spoilt him and well nowhe is going thru what has been described as terrible 2's, if he is on his cage and try to pat him he bites but only me, my mother and father can get him to step up easily from his cage, if he is on the floor lounge or just walking around he has no problem with me.....but on that cage he turns into the spawn of satan, He is a very good talker.....I dont really know anything about ringnecks apart from what ive read on this site but he looks scruffy compared to other RN's his age, im pretty sure he is going through his first malt so maybe he wont look like he's been caught in a wind storm lol.......id love him naked i dont care how he looks i just need some advice on his behaviour so please HELP ME............
SCB -SA

Re: Hi from Sydney Australia...........advice needed

Post by SCB -SA »

hey, you just gotta ride out the storm, best advice is ignore his bad behaviour, or if it gets too bad, discipline him with a stern no and put him back in his cage for a while. they go throu a terrible stage and you wonder if they'll ever get over it, but they do, and they become the loveable baby you know so well! Post pics, lets see the little terror!
pinkdevil

Re: Hi from Sydney Australia...........advice needed

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Mel,

Have you tried to bribe him with food? Ringes are very partial to food. lol Reward him with a food that is only given at training times and no other time, that way he will be more inclined to behave to get his yummy treat.