Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

irish ringnecks

Post by irish ringnecks »

:shock: hi my name is noelle. i am from ireland. i got a pair of ringnecks today, blue cock 3 yr old and a green hen also 3. she can wolf whistle etc . she used to be a handreared house pet. now.....heres where it gets tricky :lol: . they have not bred before they where only paired up 6 moths ago. the man i got themoff said she used to get on with him(the other bird) but the past few weeks she has become aggressive towards him. they came with a nest box 3 foot long by 14inch wide and 14inch dept??? :?: do they sound like i will get some eggies??? they are extreamlly healthy well cared for birds :mrgreen:
saaz17

Re: new member

Post by saaz17 »

Hi, Welcome to our feathered family.. You sound like you have some beautiful birds there.. Sorry can't help with the questions you are asking but I am sure someone else can help you out!!!
Sara.

WELCOME! :D
Owned by: 8 budgies, 4 Cockatiels & 1 IRN!
saaz17

Post by saaz17 »

One thing I can help you out with is if she was a hand raised baby herself.. she could be a awful parent.. Most new parents can be awful too but she was handraised soo she has no instincts she would've learnt when she was a baby of her parents.. But if the dad was parent raised he should know what to do!
Owned by: 8 budgies, 4 Cockatiels & 1 IRN!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi and welcome Noelle.
Wow, 3 foot long nestbox. That sure is a looooooong one! :lol:
Mine are generally no bigger than 2ft deep and aprox 30 x 30 cm.
I am not sure when your breeding season is over there, so can't help too much on that one.
The male will generally do his love dance of heart shaped wings to woo her and he will feed her. The hen will also begin to spend a bit of time in the nest box getting it just right to start her family.

:)