Color?

Moderator: Mods

sweetnsour924

Color?

Post by sweetnsour924 »

I just purchased this pair of IRN's and I am wondering about the female. Is she a full green or is she split to anything? I know shes got some ruff feathers due to the male ruffing them up on her but I dont know if the coloring is due to that or if shes split to something or both?
Attachments
5.png
5.png (354.5 KiB) Viewed 2905 times
SWEETNSOUR924
julie

Re: Color?

Post by julie »

plain green in really bad condition.
julie

Post by julie »

are they indians or africans?
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

look like plain green to me aswell
is the female moulting? because it looks like she has lost a lot of feathers

are they african ringnecks? because they seem to have a darker beak then an indian
sweetnsour924

Post by sweetnsour924 »

Hi everyone, thanks for the replys, here are the answers to your questions
Q: is the female moulting? because it looks like she has lost a lot of feathers
A: The female has been ruffed up and plucked some by the male. I also see she has new feathers coming in so yes I believe shes in the begining stages of molting.

Q: are they african ringnecks? because they seem to have a darker beak then an indian
A: As far as I know they were sold to me under the understanding that they are Indian Ringnecks not African. One to reply about the beak coloring, that picture made their faces very dark. When you are standing infront of them and you look at their beaks they are a cherry color, not a dark plumb. I will try to get better pictures but as anyone out there who breeds and has any experience with breeder birds know they are very hard to get to stay still and take photos. Two when I purchased them the owner assured me they were Indian and she had other breeders so I don't see why she would tell me any diffrent and also in this area IRN's are very popular as where ARN's are not and are very very hard to find around here. Also after this post I went back to my past research that I had done on these birds before buying them and from what I have read and compared I believe I have a pair of IRN's not ARN's. I should also be able to find out for sure this coming week when they go in for their avian check up to make sure they are as healthy as they seem to be. I'm sure the doc should be able to tell me for sure that they are IRN's. From the info I got from the breeder they are 4 years old, had one clutch last year when they turned 3 years old.
SWEETNSOUR924
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

okay :)
if they have red/cherry colored beaks they will be IRNs
sweetnsour924

Post by sweetnsour924 »

This is the best picture I can get of their beaks rate now. All I have is a camera phone and its not giving the best pictures. They are alot lighter in person.
Attachments
12.png
12.png (59.17 KiB) Viewed 2874 times
11.png
11.png (49.25 KiB) Viewed 2874 times
SWEETNSOUR924
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

yeah defintly indian
africans beaks are not as pointy
sweetnsour924

Post by sweetnsour924 »

Yep avain vet agrees they are IRN's. Got a thumb up on everything. Also says the females feathers are like they are just due to the male picking at her.
SWEETNSOUR924