Charlie my new baby

Moderator: Mods

gemmm

Charlie my new baby

Post by gemmm »

Hi Everyone,

My new baby Alexandrine, Charlie, has been home for two weeks now.
At the moment, I feel as thought he is still not settled. He has become more bitey over the last few days and I'm just not sure why. He only steps up because i leave my hand near him for so long, otherwise he would stay inside the cage if I left it up to him.
He seems very keen on staying in his cage. I take him out of the cage twice a day minimum and spend most of my time with him after work.
He is very quiet but has recently started to make sound, but its this baby sook sound, and I dont know if he sad or happy to see me.

I am really worried, as I want him to be the most happiest spoilt parrot in the world hehe...I just really love him already and want him to feel safe with me. And Im still feeling he doesnt trust me.

Do baby Alexandrines go through these bitey stages? or am I doing anything wrong? I never have experienced this problem with my first parrot.

So I feel so confused and sad :(
Attachments
This is my new baby Charlie, he is currently 10 weeks old.
This is my new baby Charlie, he is currently 10 weeks old.
SCB -SA

Re: Charlie my new baby

Post by SCB -SA »

:wink:
Last edited by SCB -SA on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jean19

Post by jean19 »

lovely one !!
mine has been thrue a biting stage , i let do it without removing my hand (when they're young it's ok ) , he saw that it didn't impress me , and stopped it after a while ..
now when he's in a bad mood , he bite me but without strength , just to make me understood is upset ...
i hope I’m understandable :?
Dj tweet

Post by Dj tweet »

I've been hand raising my own Alex baby who is now 9 1/2 weeks old
I picked him up at 5 weeks old for the 1st few weeks he never made a sound at all then he started with the little baby cooing they do and I just copied him and now when he sees me in the morn or once I'm home after being out for a while he will now call to me

He has just started flying in the last 2 weeks and has become a bit nippy since then
I think it's a stage of independance for them and they bite to try and get that
we just have to work hard to show them that thru them cooperating on our requests they will get that freedom

ps : has your baby been DNAd My boy has heaps of blackish feathers under and around his neck already
my breeder reckons they all get it but I have never seen it in such young babies
I get my results next week hopefully but I'm pretty sure it's a boy

Anything I can help further with just pm me
jean19

Post by jean19 »

how old is he ?