My latest addiction (i mean addition!)

Moderator: Mods

rosemaryalice

My latest addiction (i mean addition!)

Post by rosemaryalice »

Here are some pictures of my new IRN. I got him from a local breeder at a birdmart. He is a proven adult lacewing. Now I have to decide what to do about breeding him. I have a green possibly split to blue hen but I might try to get another lacewing. I also have a turqouise cock that I am going to get a violet for. His name is Cloud because a storm was starting to come in on our way home from the birdmart and the sky had white and gray clouds with the blue and the colors were the same as his.
Attachments
DSCF6121.JPG
DSCF6121.JPG (31.93 KiB) Viewed 2840 times
DSCF6119.JPG
DSCF6119.JPG (32.89 KiB) Viewed 2840 times
DSCF6116.JPG
DSCF6116.JPG (30.65 KiB) Viewed 2840 times
DSCF6108.JPG
DSCF6108.JPG (32.66 KiB) Viewed 2840 times
DSCF6090.JPG
DSCF6090.JPG (40 KiB) Viewed 2840 times
ellieelectrons

Re: My latest addiction (i mean addition!)

Post by ellieelectrons »

Congrats - he's a nice looking bird.

Ellie.
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

He is very handsome :)

We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry...
Pappagall

Post by Pappagall »

Beutiful pics. :D
It is exactly like mine.And I was also told that it is a lacewing.If am not wrong if they are lacewing they should have a white head shouldn`t they?In my opinion they are a cinnamon blue.Correct me if I`m wrong.
rosemaryalice

Post by rosemaryalice »

I know the breeder breeds a lot of cinnamon so could be. Now I will start looking into it. I am going to see the breeder again to get another one so I will talk to him and see what he says. Let me know if you get any new info!
Shane7285

Post by Shane7285 »

Hi there

yes it does look like a blue cinnamon. Here are some pics to show you the difference. Maybe it is split lacewing though.

Blue Cinnamon

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/birds/p ... rakeet.php

Blue Lacewing

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/photo.php?id=255133

Regards

Shane
rosemaryalice

Post by rosemaryalice »

Thanks so much for the great pics and info. I don't know if you can tell from my pictures but he is actually very much like the colors of the lace wing but his head has blue on it. I am going to see the breeder to get another bird and I will try to get more info. Whatever he is he is very pretty. He is 10 years old and a proven breeder so I am hoping to get a few clutches from him if I can get him the right match.
Shane7285

Post by Shane7285 »

Hi

no problems for providing the links. from all the pics I have seen the lacewings have a white head. The cinnamon dilutes the blue and that pic probably doesn't show it best, but it would probably be similar to the lacewing in real life. I have never seen either of these colours in the flesh, but going from pics that's what the difference seems to be.

It is possible that yours is split lacewing, and I think this would still produce lacewing babies. I am no expert and have only learnt from reading on here.

Regards

Shane
rosemaryalice

Post by rosemaryalice »

Here are a few birds that I can get for a mate for him. A grey green cinnamon/blue, a grey, or a green lacewing/blue. I don't want to end up with all green, what are the possibilities?