Play gyms

Moderator: Mods

Louie

Play gyms

Post by Louie »

If anyone has pics of their playgyms that they have bought or made I would love to see them as I am thinking about buying/making one and would like ome ideas . . .
I currently own: 1 male, green Indian Ringneck, 1 Labrador Retriever, 1 Mini Lop rabbit and 4 backyard chickens (silkies)
ImageImageImage
daniele

Re: Play gyms

Post by daniele »

me too! i was thinking of going down to the oppy and buying an old hat stand and using that as a start.. i don't really know. would love to see other peoples ideas aswell! :D
daniele

Post by daniele »

i really liked this one i saw at a pet store but am not anticipating that mine will turn out like this. :D

i also really like this which i think i found on here somewhere.. excuse the bad quality but i must have trashed the file after i printed it! :P

there's a thread called creative ideas in... housing? i think? and a really good one called pvc playstands with lots of good links posted by pink devil! :) lots of good ideas there too. lots of good ideas everywhere here! :D
Louie

Post by Louie »

lol thanks for the pics I think I have a bit of an idea of what I want to make . . . I will post pics when it's done!!
I currently own: 1 male, green Indian Ringneck, 1 Labrador Retriever, 1 Mini Lop rabbit and 4 backyard chickens (silkies)
ImageImageImage
PythonzEve

Post by PythonzEve »

PVC and dowel play stand
Jessica

If one refuses to learn and maintains a closed mind, one is thus trapped from the procession of life in their own archaic self-imprisonment. -Jessica McNeely

Because my Rice Crispies told me to! -Unknown

Austin

Post by Austin »

Had the day off and decided to build a playstand.

Here it is almost ready, Tookie decided it was more then ready lol

Nearly complete, just have to build a rope netting and finish the base.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

That's very cool. Well done, you talented person!

Ellie.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Thank you for the copmpliment! here is the finished product.

ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Fantastic! Looks like a lot of fun!

Ellie.
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

your creative
i was lazy and just bought one lol
PythonzEve

Post by PythonzEve »

Good job! I like the staircase! <wink wink> :wink:

Would you mind also adding that to the "ADD YOUR INPUT! Homemade with Love" post?

Again nice job :)
Jessica

If one refuses to learn and maintains a closed mind, one is thus trapped from the procession of life in their own archaic self-imprisonment. -Jessica McNeely

effekt

Post by effekt »

These look great! I need to put together a new play gym for my IRNs. Unfortunately they don't do well on my cockatoo's gym because they are handicapped so they need extra foot holds.
alexspong

Post by alexspong »

Great post, very interesting concept. You make a good point that all the factors need to come into play.Fitness is essential part of our life.It depends on the service you get.You can visit to our site for more information.
Lilu86

Post by Lilu86 »

My play gym is a HQ like in the first picture but I have mine set up differently. All the ladders are put on and I have added a boing and acrylic chain for my lot to hang on. I've also wrapped the top ring and ladder with cotton and wrapped vet wrap around the rest of the bars.

I plan on adding a couple more perches (somehow) below the ring and plenty more toys for interaction. I also have wooden shapes on the bottom tray for my IRNs favourite pasttimes of throwing around. I should get a proper picture at some stage lol.
Sianna and the girls,

Lily, 09, Green female
Lulu, 07, Turquoise female
Lilu86

Post by Lilu86 »

Here is my flock's.

Sianna and the girls,

Lily, 09, Green female
Lulu, 07, Turquoise female
PythonzEve

Post by PythonzEve »

OK I gotta ask ya Lilu (and others), with those corkscrew spiral-looking vines for their birds... Do they actually use them at all, and if so how often? I mean I have several ideas that could include those, but I don't want to get it just for them to be completely abandoned!

On another note I'm currently working on a Play House for Sukha, with a lot of little puns and jokes thrown in. It's made out of 1/2 inch PVC piping and joints and covered with vet wrap and sisal rope and cotton is a good idea to mix things up, I think I'll use that! The jokes are things like the play house itself. I call it a play house, but it's "BIRD HOUSE", get it? An actual house made for a bird :lol: Then the (black vet wrap) front door is pretty cool looking with sisal rope for the threshold/welcome mat, and a bell hanging down in the middle of it... It's a literal "DOOR BELL" hehe! Trodding past the "couch" which is one of those flexi-rope things shaped in an L, to the right we see the "bath room" under the staircase which has his bath house tucked in, with a hanging mirror toy beside it. It's literally the BATH room :P Up the purple and sisal rope stairs you come to a red 'rope bridge' hallway to get to the two bedrooms. The first bedroom is fairly plain right now (still in progress) with a blue vet wrap bed made out of 3" PVC with a 1/2" connection. I think I'm going to take off the vet wrap and rewrap with cotton, that sounds much more comfortable! The master bedroom has a nice but simple headboard at one end of the (as of yet uncovered) bed, and a balcony above the front door. I'm thinking I want the master bedroom green, not sure about the other, maybe yellow? I'm also thinking of putting more PVC above those rooms in order to hold toys and foraging adventures galore!

Still in progress but here is how it has come along thus-far...

Just built the first two areas and just started wrapping things to get a picture of what I want things to look like.

This is with the second story mostly (but not fully) built, with a little more wrapping.

A little more complete, but still not totally done obviously.
ImageImage
Jessica

myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

Louie wrote:If anyone has pics of their playgyms that they have bought or made I would love to see them as I am thinking about buying/making one and would like ome ideas . . .
Here Rio's play Gym that we have. http://www.flickr.com/photos/rio2011/6318097139/