Kiwi, 1 week update w pics

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Kash-alp

Kiwi, 1 week update w pics

Post by Kash-alp »

So today marks the end of the first week since i got Kiwi. She has handled the transition amazing and has already stolen a piece of my heart. Not only does love geting attention and exporing the house, but she will frequently fly over to where ever i am to see what im doing, steal some of my food, or just get a kiss and hang out.

Ive started making her a playstand with things we are discovering together that she likes to play with, and i coulda sworn the other day she was trying to mimic what i was saying. She also likes to try and steal rings off people fingers so i incorperated that into her playstand with 2 wooden pegs and some rings attached to chain. So far we are just working on saying easy stuff like "Kiwi", "please", "peek a boo", etc.. and i think she is closest to saying "please". So will often mimic my sexy whistle lol.

Heres a few pics and a video. When we are in the living room she loves to sit infront of my 125 gallon saltwater tank and just stares at the fish swimming back and forth.

Hope you like the pics and video. Sry for quality, im no photographer.

Video:
SiobhanDeane

Re: Kiwi, 1 week update w pics

Post by SiobhanDeane »

Hi!
Congrats on kiwi, she's adorable!
Your house is a bit like mine with the fish tank and dog..... How is kiwi with the dog, as I only let my bird out when the dog's in another room-too scared just now!

Siobhan
Kash-alp

Post by Kash-alp »

Kiwi and Hurley (our puppy) get along great. I was a bit concerned when i first brought Kiwi home since Hurley showed alot of intrest in her, lol especially when she makes any sort of loud noise. His ears perk up and he goes and checks on her. After a full week its almost the complete opposite. Hurley barely pays any attention to kiwi now but kiwi is always intrested in what he's doing.

I am still very cautious but i dont see any problems happening as kiwi will frequently walk on the floor right past hurley and they both mind there business. Wont be leaving the two of them alone any time soon but good to now that i think i can trust my puppy with the new family member :)
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

It's great to see Kiwi, you and your family are doing so well together. Congratulations!

Your aquarium is breathtakingly beautiful too!

Although, I'm a bit disappointed... with a bird with a name like Kiwi, I was expecting you all to have New Zealand accents! :lol:

Well done on your progress with Kiwi... and nice to see the family loves Kiwi too.

Ellie.
Kash-alp

Post by Kash-alp »

Thank you for the compliments :) New Zealand....pffft, Canada eh! :lol:

A couple more very cute pics i snuck up and got. Kiwi sleeping on her playstand, and Kiwi going for a walk to say hello to our puppy Hurley :D

Lilly

Post by Lilly »

Kiwi looks like a wonderful bird that's found an equally wonderful home!
Lovely photos keep us updated! 8)
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

How lovely. It's great to see how well Kiwi has settled in. Kiwi seems to have a lot of confidence which is great to see.

Your border collie is beautiful too.

... so if Canadians have the "eh" to characterise their accent / vocabulary, what is it for Australians?

Ellie.